In an aggressive move, MySpace will open its users' public activity stream data to external developers, so that third-party applications and Web sites are able to display these status updates and action notifications.
Social-networking sites MySpace and Facebook have apparently fixed coding errors that could have allowed an attacker access to all of their users' data and photos.
It's hard to understand who in their right mind would want to incur the wrath of "Triple H," the intimidating superstar of professional wrestling. But when a poser created a fraudulent MySpace account in Triple H's name, it wasn't the wrestler that t...
While Myspace Inc.'s business took a huge slide in the U.S. over the past yearp, use of rival Twitter Inc.'s social network simply exploded as visits to the site in September increased by 1,170% compared to year-earlier figures, according a report re...
If you're hooked on posting updates on Facebook and Twitter, there's a good chance you have more money and are more urban than your fellow US citizens, according to a new study by The Nielsen Co.
Yahoo is opening its newly redesigned home page to external developers so that they can build applications for it, the company said Tuesday.
MySpace on Tuesday will release as open source a technology called Qizmt that it developed in-house to mine and crunch massive amounts of data and generate friend recommendations in its social-networking site.
MySpace, scrambling to jump-start its popularity, has agreed to buy iLike, a social music discovery service that is very popular on MySpace and other social networks like Facebook.
The state of Illinois made it a law this week that convicted sex offenders cannot use social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace.
The head of the Roman Catholic Church in England is warning that Facebook, texting and e-mails are destroying relationships and may even lead teens to commit suicide.
A U.S. judge on Friday overruled a jury verdict and dismissed a case against a Missouri woman convicted last November in a cyberbullying case that led to a teenager's death.
MySpace will release as open source a tool it uses internally to track and tune the performance of its Web site, a move that will allow developers to benefit from the tool's capabilities and help extend and enhance its functionality.
MySpace will slash its staff abroad and shutter several international offices, the News Corp. unit said on Tuesday, a week after announcing a big round of layoffs in the U.S.
The restructuring continues at MySpace, whose staff will get cut by almost 30 percent, the News Corp. division announced Tuesday.
As one more slap in the face to the pioneer of the social networking phenomenon, Facebook has become more popular than Myspace here in the U.S.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA