Nokia's Symbian is the world's most popular mobile operating system according to the latest Gartner research. Despite the rise of the iPhone and Android platforms, Symbian still accounts for almost 47 per cent of smartphone sales in the world.
These days almost every mobile phone comes with a built-in camera. Although they are unlikely to replace a good quality, standalone digital camera, some of the latest mobile phones take excellent photos.
Browsing the Web while you're on the move is one of the perks of owning a smartphone. The new touchscreen phones now entering the market are ideal for this job, as they're equipped to display Web pages on their large, high-resolution screens.
On paper, the Nokia looks as if it could rival the other big phones of this summer, the Palm Pre, the Apple iPhone 3G S, and HTC's Android-based Magic. It has more memory than the other three, supports a wide range of multimedia files, and has a larg...
In the tech world at least, it seems 2009 is the year of the smartphone. Apple's recent announcement of the iPhone 3G S has kicked off what will be a very juicy line-up in the coming months.
The Palm Pre and the Apple iPhone 3G S are the smartphone standouts of 2009, but they're not the only news. Operating systems are receiving updates, new devices are debuting, and app stores are growing by the day. Here's what to look for from the six...
Nokia N97 takes aim at Apple's iPhone
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC