Nokia's Symbian is the world's most popular mobile operating system according to the latest Gartner research. Despite the rise of the iPhone and Android platforms, Symbian still accounts for almost 47 per cent of smartphone sales in the world.
These days almost every mobile phone comes with a built-in camera. Although they are unlikely to replace a good quality, standalone digital camera, some of the latest mobile phones take excellent photos.
Browsing the Web while you're on the move is one of the perks of owning a smartphone. The new touchscreen phones now entering the market are ideal for this job, as they're equipped to display Web pages on their large, high-resolution screens.
On paper, the Nokia looks as if it could rival the other big phones of this summer, the Palm Pre, the Apple iPhone 3G S, and HTC's Android-based Magic. It has more memory than the other three, supports a wide range of multimedia files, and has a larg...
In the tech world at least, it seems 2009 is the year of the smartphone. Apple's recent announcement of the iPhone 3G S has kicked off what will be a very juicy line-up in the coming months.
The Palm Pre and the Apple iPhone 3G S are the smartphone standouts of 2009, but they're not the only news. Operating systems are receiving updates, new devices are debuting, and app stores are growing by the day. Here's what to look for from the six...
Nokia N97 takes aim at Apple's iPhone
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW