A new research report predicts that use of solid state drives (SSD) in enterprise servers and storage systems will explode over the next five years, increasing in numbers by 50 times.
Samsung Electronics will ship a multichip package later this quarter for smartphones that will include phase-change memory (PCM), an emerging technology that could ultimately replace memory types like NOR flash, the company said Wednesday.
While worldwide semiconductor sales in January were up just slightly from December, they wildly outpaced numbers from the same time a year ago.
Micron Corp. today introduced what it claims to be the industry's highest endurance, highest capacity multi-level cell (MLC) and single-level cell (SLC) NAND flash memory.
Corsair Memory Inc. today unveiled its Extreme Series 2.5-inch solid-state disk (SSD) drives, which it said rival other consumer SSDs in terms of performance.
The recent revelation that Intel Corp.'s consumer-class solid-state disk (SSD) drives suffer from fragmentation that can cause a significant performance degradation raises the question: Do all SSDs slow down with use over time?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreVIC
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCTrigger TechniciansNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ManagerACT
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC