Last Thursday morning, the National Broadband Network was officially launched in Tasmania by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and Tasmanian Premier David Bartlett.
National Broadband Network (NBN)
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
The odds that the National Broadband Network rollout will return to the original plan that called for most homes to be connected by fibre to the premises (FTTP) seem to be slim at best.
The National Broadband Network’s rollout strategy is following a global trend, according to the managing director of Nokia Oceania, Ray Owen.
The technology mix of the National Broadband Network has begun to tilt towards fibre to the node (FTTN), but figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveal that fibre to the premises (FTTP) was the fastest growing Internet access technology ...
The changing usage patterns of Australian broadband customers means that one of the key revenue streams for NBN — the Connectivity Virtual Circuit (CVC) charge — needs a major rethink, according to Optus’ head of regulatory affairs, David Epstein.
NBN will push ahead with a discounting scheme for one of the major charges it levies on retail service providers (RSPs) that sell services over the National Broadband Network.
The National Broadband Network will impact every Australian, linking every premises and changing the way we connect with the important things in our lives.
The countdown to the first National Broadband Network (NBN) services is well and truly underway in Tasmania with Internet service providers iPrimus, Internode and iiNet all announcing pricing for their residential fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) services in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
- Oracle sets its sights on engineering and construction with Textura buy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCServer SpecialistACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW