NBN has signed an agreement with NetComm Wireless for the supply of distribution point units (DPUs) that will be used in the roll out of ‘fibre to the curb’ (FTTC — also called fibre to the distribution point or FTTdp).
NBN CEO Bill Morrow says there is “broad-based support” among National Broadband Network retail service providers (RSP) for a shift to a modified discount scheme for the capacity-based CVC charge.
Sky Muster II — the second satellite for the National Broadband Network —was successfully launched at 7.30am AEDT from the French Guiana Space Centre.
In Australia’s non-metro areas, the rollout of the National Broadband Network is 42 per cent complete, according to NBN’s chief network engineering officer, Peter Ryan. Non-metro Australia covers “the biggest physical expanse and lowest density areas...
NBN will not be using Optus’ hybrid-fibre coaxial (HFC) assets outside of the one area — Redcliffe in Queensland — where they are currently used to provide National Broadband Network connections. Instead the company has announced it will proceed with...
Labor has backed a move by the government to create a joint standing committee that will scrutinise the rollout of the National Broadband Network until its completion, which is expected in 2020.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) says it is continuing to work with NBN and Telstra to ensure that the latter’s role in the National Broadband Network rollout doesn’t give it unfair advantage over other telcos.
The Senate has agreed to refer to its Standing Committee of Privileges a claim of parliamentary privilege made by Senator Stephen Conroy. The claim relates to material seized during a series of high-profile Australian Federal Police raids that sought...
During FY16 NBN received a $7.1 billion equity injection from the federal government, bringing total equity funding to date to $20.3 billion.
By the end of FY17, NBN is planning to have some 5.4 million premises able to order a National Broadband Network service — adding some 2.5 million premises to the network’s footprint during the year.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission will launch a market study of the communications industry that will examine the impact on competition of changes in the sector including the National Broadband Network rollout, the growth in consumer...
A snapshot provided by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission of National Broadband Network services reveals that Telstra continues to dominate the NBN market.
Senator Stephen Conroy has formally requested that the Australian Federal Police drop an investigation into leaked NBN documents which resulted in a high-profile raid on the senator’s office.
The third major fixed-line technology slated to be part of the ‘multi-technology mix’ being employed for the National Broadband Network is now available commercially. NBN announced today that the first commercial Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial (HFC) services h...
NBN’s original CEO, Mike Quigley, has joined independent candidate for New England, Tony Windsor, to spruik the potential benefits for regional Australia of returning to a fibre to the premises (FTTP) National Broadband Network rollout.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementVIC
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)NSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT