Internet service provider (ISP), TPG Telecom, has launched a set of six new NBN plans.
national broadband network
Locally-owned startup, Australian Broadband Services (AuSBBS), is targeting small businesses with new National Broadband Network (NBN) plans priced at $100 and $155 per month.
Optus will push for NBN Co to be given the power to offer volume discounts to service providers on the National Broadband Network (NBN) under legislation currently in Senate Committees hearing.
The Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, has confirmed the National Broadband Network will not be cut or slowed down to help fund rebuilding after the devastating Queensland floods. The Government estimates the recovery will cost $5.6 billion.
The Opposition leader, Tony Abbott, has used a visit to flood-afflicted Queensland to push for a change in Government spending priorities in what is most likely an attack on the National Broadband Network.
With the current uncertainty surrounding who is going to govern Australia for the next three years, the future of the National Broadband Network (NBN) is still up in the air. For the time being, NBN Co has frozen all spending and hiring of employees.
Latest News Articles
- SAP ties up with Apigee for API management
- Oracle buys TOA Technologies in strike against Salesforce.com
- IBM buys access control and identity management firm CrossIdeas
- Hacker group targets video game companies to steal source code
- AMD's Kaveri processors coming to smaller, cheaper desktops
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $98 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »