Microsoft updated the Certificate Trust List in Windows to revoke trust for a certificate authority operated by the Indian government after it improperly issued at least 45 SSL certificates for domains owned by Google and Yahoo.
National Informatics Centre
The scope of a recent security breach at a digital certificate authority (CA) controlled by the Indian government is bigger than initially thought and also targeted domain names owned by Yahoo, in addition to several owned by Google.
Google has blocked several digital certificates issued in India that could have been used to make bogus websites appear to be run by the Web giant.
The Indian government is expected to require that Indian bureaucrats use email service provided by the National Informatics Center for their official work, as it tries to secure its communications infrastructure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC