Microsoft updated the Certificate Trust List in Windows to revoke trust for a certificate authority operated by the Indian government after it improperly issued at least 45 SSL certificates for domains owned by Google and Yahoo.
National Informatics Centre
The scope of a recent security breach at a digital certificate authority (CA) controlled by the Indian government is bigger than initially thought and also targeted domain names owned by Yahoo, in addition to several owned by Google.
Google has blocked several digital certificates issued in India that could have been used to make bogus websites appear to be run by the Web giant.
The Indian government is expected to require that Indian bureaucrats use email service provided by the National Informatics Center for their official work, as it tries to secure its communications infrastructure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 2 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 3 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 4 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 5 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- FTC calls on IoT vendors to protect privacy
- Apple tops Chinese smartphone market for the first time
- DNS hijacking vulnerability affects D-Link DSL router, possibly other devices
- Mobile World Congress rumor mill churns with reports of better screens, cameras
- Privacy tsar to EC: Wrap up EU-US data exchange talks quickly or else
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.