The TomTom GO 500 isn't perfect, but remains one of the best GPS units we've ever used
Navigon's 70 Plus sat nav packs in a 5in display
The Navman EZY30 sat nav offers decent value
This 3.5in Garmin motorbike GPS is waterproof and can connect to a Bluetooth headset
TomTom has introduced a completely revamped user interface to its top of the range portable GPS units in Australia, claiming the software is significantly easier to use than any device currently on the market.
Navman will offer monthly map updates on its new top of the range portable GPS unit in Australia, claiming the feature is a "world first" in the portable navigation device (PND) category.
Victoria Police is warning motorists to keep away from the current version of Apple’s Maps app due to five separate incidents where persons were directed off-road and into dangerous terrain.
If you can't beat 'em, acquire 'em. Garmin, maker of personal navigation devices, has snapped up its Germany-based competitor Navigon. The companies won't say how much money is changing hands in the deal, which was completed through a Garmin subsidia...
As if this week didn't have enough privacy snafus already, GPS maker TomTom now admits that it helped Dutch police set speed traps by selling anonymous user data.
If you're looking to buy a dedicated GPS navigation device, you'll quickly discover that every manufacturer offers an almost dizzying array of products -- each with slightly different features. The challenge, then, is to determine which features are ...
It's hard to believe Easter has crept up upon us already; it only seems like yesterday that we were doing our Christmas shopping! As Easter comes around, so do more holidays — and any time off work or school gets a big tick from us!
GPS navigation using mobile phones and smartphones is nothing new, but Apple's popular iPhone has made it much more common. With its built-in GPS receiver and a dedicated GPS navigation app, an iPhone can be used as a handy portable navigation unit.
An impressive feature of Google's new Android 2.0 mobile device operating system is Google Maps Navigation, a that's not only free to use, but is fairly easy to learn as well.
Have you ever wondered why many people refuse to ask for directions but are completely at ease with using a GPS navigation device? Is it the fact that a GPS unit won't judge them for not knowing their way around? Is it because a GPS unit won't snigge...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystOther
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystQLD
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solutions Architect - ParramattaNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD