During FY16 NBN received a $7.1 billion equity injection from the federal government, bringing total equity funding to date to $20.3 billion.
By the end of FY17, NBN is planning to have some 5.4 million premises able to order a National Broadband Network service — adding some 2.5 million premises to the network’s footprint during the year.
Over a million Australian homes and businesses are now connected to the national broadband network (nbn) with Telstra responsible for the majority of the connections according to the Australian Competition Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Senator Stephen Conroy has formally requested that the Australian Federal Police drop an investigation into leaked NBN documents which resulted in a high-profile raid on the senator’s office.
The third major fixed-line technology slated to be part of the ‘multi-technology mix’ being employed for the National Broadband Network is now available commercially. NBN announced today that the first commercial Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial (HFC) services h...
NBN’s original CEO, Mike Quigley, has joined independent candidate for New England, Tony Windsor, to spruik the potential benefits for regional Australia of returning to a fibre to the premises (FTTP) National Broadband Network rollout.
The Coalition’s decision to largely ditch a fibre to the premises (FTTP) rollout has led to the National Broadband Network heading in the wrong direction according to NBN’s original CEO Mike Quigley.
Australian web traffic will grow at a rate of 21 per cent a year for the next five years, according to Cisco’s latest annual Virtual Networking Index (VNI).
NBN’s chairman, Ziggy Switkowski, has done a “remarkable job,” Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said today. Under Switkowski and CEO Bill Morrow, NBN has undergone a “phenomenal turnaround,” the prime minister claimed during a doorstop interview.
An op-ed penned by NBN’s chairman, Ziggy Switkowski, violated the caretaker conventions that guide the activities of the public service during an election campaign, according to the secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC).
Gary McLaren was chief technology officer at NBN Co and a member of its executive committee through its earliest and most turbulent times.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has issued a final determination on nbn Co’s revenue controls for 2014-15. The industry body has determined that its prices did not exceed maximum regulated prices during the 2014-15 financial...
It’s still too early to determine how much effort will be required to whip into shape the elements of Telstra’s copper network that will be used for the National Broadband Network, according to an analysis prepared on behalf of NBN.
The ACCC is looking for feedback on nbn Co’s proposed variations to its Special Access Undertaking (SAU).
Accusations of theft aimed at NBN staff in an opinion piece by NBN chairman Dr Ziggy Switkowski have sparked criticism from an internet user group and the ALP.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC