A pair of vulnerabilities found in hardware and software for playing Blu-ray discs might come in handy for secret snooping by the U.S. National Security Agency.
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Nine software fixes were released Wednesday for OpenSSL, a critical encryption component for exchanging data on the web, although none of the problems are as severe as the "Heartbleed" issue found in April.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Security vendor Sophos has released an update for the software used on its Web gateway security appliance in order to address three serious vulnerabilities in the product's Web-based user interface.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC