An 11.6in Chromebook for those of you who want a basic and lightweight laptop
A month from today, the Chromebooks from Samsung and Acer will hit the street. Google hopes to revolutionize mobile computing and free us from the shackles of the traditional PC experience, but the Chromebook is going to fizzle.
One of the problems with the marketability of the Chromebook -- that it only functions when connected to the Internet -- is also a misunderstanding. Google's Chrome OS doesn't have any locally installed apps like a word processor or spreadsheet manag...
Google spent much of the second day of the Google I/O event focused on the Chrome OS and the unveiling the upcoming Chromebook computers. The Web-centric netbooks are an ambitious attempt to fundamentally change the way people compute, and could poss...
New survey results from Nielsen show that users are ditching their laptops, abandoning their ereaders, and leaving their MP3 players behind. For a large, and growing segment of the population, the tablet is the new primary computing and entertainment...
Hardware maker Hercules this week gave Linux fans a nice boost by unveiling two new additions to its eCAFÉ netbook line that use ARM processors and run the open source operating system.
Tablets, netbooks, smartphones--these days, you can't buy a microwave without being upsold on the touchscreen, app-store model. But when you're picking out your preferred mobile tech for work (or even for play), you can't rely on a features chart or ...
So long, netbooks.
Here's a rhetorical question: How are netbooks any less attractive to consumers when Intel improves the Atom chips inside them?
Acer has disclosed more details about its upcoming Android-based Liquid smartphone, a thin device with a 3.5-inch touchscreen.
The Nokia Booklet 3G netbook may have some clever innovations, including mobile broadband and a 12-hour battery, but its steep price tag will drive customers away.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia