An 11.6in Chromebook for those of you who want a basic and lightweight laptop
A month from today, the Chromebooks from Samsung and Acer will hit the street. Google hopes to revolutionize mobile computing and free us from the shackles of the traditional PC experience, but the Chromebook is going to fizzle.
One of the problems with the marketability of the Chromebook -- that it only functions when connected to the Internet -- is also a misunderstanding. Google's Chrome OS doesn't have any locally installed apps like a word processor or spreadsheet manag...
Google spent much of the second day of the Google I/O event focused on the Chrome OS and the unveiling the upcoming Chromebook computers. The Web-centric netbooks are an ambitious attempt to fundamentally change the way people compute, and could poss...
New survey results from Nielsen show that users are ditching their laptops, abandoning their ereaders, and leaving their MP3 players behind. For a large, and growing segment of the population, the tablet is the new primary computing and entertainment...
Hardware maker Hercules this week gave Linux fans a nice boost by unveiling two new additions to its eCAFÉ netbook line that use ARM processors and run the open source operating system.
Tablets, netbooks, smartphones--these days, you can't buy a microwave without being upsold on the touchscreen, app-store model. But when you're picking out your preferred mobile tech for work (or even for play), you can't rely on a features chart or ...
So long, netbooks.
Here's a rhetorical question: How are netbooks any less attractive to consumers when Intel improves the Atom chips inside them?
Acer has disclosed more details about its upcoming Android-based Liquid smartphone, a thin device with a 3.5-inch touchscreen.
The Nokia Booklet 3G netbook may have some clever innovations, including mobile broadband and a 12-hour battery, but its steep price tag will drive customers away.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW