A month from today, the Chromebooks from Samsung and Acer will hit the street. Google hopes to revolutionize mobile computing and free us from the shackles of the traditional PC experience, but the Chromebook is going to fizzle.
One of the problems with the marketability of the Chromebook -- that it only functions when connected to the Internet -- is also a misunderstanding. Google's Chrome OS doesn't have any locally installed apps like a word processor or spreadsheet manag...
Google spent much of the second day of the Google I/O event focused on the Chrome OS and the unveiling the upcoming Chromebook computers. The Web-centric netbooks are an ambitious attempt to fundamentally change the way people compute, and could poss...
New survey results from Nielsen show that users are ditching their laptops, abandoning their ereaders, and leaving their MP3 players behind. For a large, and growing segment of the population, the tablet is the new primary computing and entertainment...
Hardware maker Hercules this week gave Linux fans a nice boost by unveiling two new additions to its eCAFÉ netbook line that use ARM processors and run the open source operating system.
If you were going on a vacation and you could only take one gadget, what would it be? How about if it's a business trip? Which is a better mobile computing device--a notebook? A netbook? A tablet? The thing is, not only is the choice for "best" a mat...
The Acer Aspire One 522 (model BZ897) delivers a good, classic netbook for a very reasonable price ($330 as of March 18, 2011). Petite and slim with a handsome 10.1-inch widescreen LED-backlit display, a 250GB hard drive, an integrated 1.3-megapixel ...
The business-oriented HP Mini 1103 netbook is good-looking and solidly designed, and it has great battery life. Two years ago it would've earned high praise. Today it reminds us how inadequate Atom-based netbooks are for all but the most basic comput...
An intriguing report on German news site Heise.de on Monday unveiled a cheap monitor that includes built-in PC functionality. The Acer DX241H is an otherwise standard 1920x1080 pixel HDMI monitor, but it also features an operating system running on t...
Deciding how much graphics power is required when purchasing a PC has never been easy. Investing in a standalone graphics processor from AMD or Nvidia is more often than not overkill for many office applications. However, graphics processors integrat...
Google has issued invitations for a media event on Tuesday, and all signs point to some sort of official unveiling of Google-branded netbooks built on the Chrome OS. Just in case you haven't been keeping up on the Chrome OS news, here is a little bac...
Tomorrow is the big day for the long-awaited Chrome OS as sources are suggesting that Google will unveil its netbook-only OS at the Chrome event on December 7 in San Francisco.
Recently, after testing two MacBook Air models running Windows 7, we published results that showed the thin and light Apple laptops outperformed most Windows-based netbooks and ultraportable notebooks. Hundreds of readers commented on the article, wi...
If someone on your gift list wants a laptop, the first thing you need to do is figure out which category of laptop best suits the recipient's needs. Once you've done that, it's time to examine the specifications. You'll have to choose from among a ho...
The Dell Inspiron Duo tablet (or is it a netbook?) will be officially released November 23, <a href="http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20022898-64.html">CNET says</a>, citing "industry sources familiar with the launch plans."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Google tool lets users personalize the ads they see
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Huawei beats Samsung and all Android rivals on security patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCHelpdesk (Level 1 Support)QLD
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA