Dell Inspiron M102z review: An 11.6in netbook with great battery life
MSI Wind U270 review: A well-priced AMD Fusion netbook with good specifications and USB 3.0
Samsung NF210-A01AU review: A 10in Samsung netbook with excellent battery life and an interesting design
Toshiba NB550 netbook review: AMD Fusion-powered netbook with HDMI port
Google CR-48 Chrome review: Google's prototype Chrome OS computer delivers little more than the company's browser in a box.
netbooks in pictures
Sony today took the first step into the netbook market, introducing the Vaio W line of mini laptops.
Toshiba today launched what we think is the sexiest 10.1in netbook on the market: the copper-coloured Toshiba NB200. This little netbook is aimed at the premium end of the market, where style and form are just as important as portability and functionality.
The evolution of mini-laptops
Intel's rise and fall in tablets are starting to resemble the company's misadventures in netbooks less than a decade ago.
Apple has refreshed the MacBook Pro line with minor upgrades of the processor, a small price cut to the aged non-Retina model, and additional RAM for the least-expensive Retina configurations.
VMware will offer virtual desktop services for Google's Chromebooks, allowing them to run Windows applications on the pared-down laptops based on the Chrome OS.
PC shipments in Western Europe declined by 20.5 percent during the first quarter: The only vendors to see shipments grow were Lenovo and Apple, which returned to the top five.
Intel's Atom processors designed for netbooks could be on their last leg, with analysts saying that the chip maker could be tweaking its product road map as PC sales tumble and tablet adoption widens.
Is your netbook envious of touch-driven devices? You can't turn your netbook into an iPad, but you can retrofit it with a touchscreen and avoid the tiny touchpad.
Small, light and extremely portable, netbooks are ideal for computing on the move. But deciding which mini laptop is best for you isn't an easy task - particularly when every choice demands a trade-off.
While the easiest way to install Windows 7 on a netbook is by booting from an external DVD drive, it’s probably not worth spending $100 on a drive that you won’t use more than a few times. It’s much more economical to use a 4GB USB key, which will on...
Most modern desktops and laptops have power to spare, but netbooks are notoriously pokey. Consequently, you should turn off any operating-system features that can make your Lilliputian PC even slower.
When did entertainment get so complicated? So many files, and so many formats. Our no-hassle tips for iTunes music and digital video will let you play what you want, where you want, on any device you own. We'll also show you how to enjoy and share yo...
Tablets, netbooks, smartphones--these days, you can't buy a microwave without being upsold on the touchscreen, app-store model. But when you're picking out your preferred mobile tech for work (or even for play), you can't rely on a features chart or ...
So long, netbooks.
The term "disruptive," a common buzzword in tech journalism, is typically used to describe something that jars people out of existing ways of doing things, and provides them with both new ways to do the old things and new things to do. Weather-beaten...
Chip manufacturer Intel is defying conventions and moving out of its established space in personal computing systems, and spreading their territory to include tablets, mobile phones, and smart TVs, among others.
Google's Chrome OS is coming to a netbook near you sometime later this year. The Web-centric, Linux-based, open source platform will offer a lightweight, cost-effective alternative operating system for portable computing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCData ScientistNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCPSCD/ CRM Business/Financial AnalystsACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW