Tablets, netbooks, smartphones--these days, you can't buy a microwave without being upsold on the touchscreen, app-store model. But when you're picking out your preferred mobile tech for work (or even for play), you can't rely on a features chart or ...
So long, netbooks.
The term "disruptive," a common buzzword in tech journalism, is typically used to describe something that jars people out of existing ways of doing things, and provides them with both new ways to do the old things and new things to do. Weather-beaten...
Chip manufacturer Intel is defying conventions and moving out of its established space in personal computing systems, and spreading their territory to include tablets, mobile phones, and smart TVs, among others.
Google's Chrome OS is coming to a netbook near you sometime later this year. The Web-centric, Linux-based, open source platform will offer a lightweight, cost-effective alternative operating system for portable computing.
It's official: Google plans to debut its Chrome operating system in the fourth quarter of this year, although the company has yet to provide an exact launch date. Sundar Pichai, Google's vice president of product management, made the announcement W...
While the Apple iPad and other emerging tablets may ultimately shift the playing field, netbooks from the big corporate suppliers offer an interesting mobile alternative to big, bulky laptops.
"The netbook is not an experience people are going to continue wanting to have," Apple COO Tim Cook said Tuesday at an investment conference in San Francisco. "When they play with the iPad and experience the magic of using it... I have a hard time be...
In launching the new Apple iPad this week, CEO Steve Jobs took a stand against the popular netbook category, which he dismissed as a poor fit into the space between laptops and smartphones.
Look, I know you like the netbook idea -- and you love netbook prices. If you're like most people, you think tablets are expensive, slow, heavy and a pain to use. But if you've bought one, you know that netbooks aren't as great as they sound. And nex...
The netbook promises convenience and capability in a small, lightweight, and generally inexpensive package, and the concept of a smartbook goes even further: a handy-dandy combination of smartphone and notebook. Alas, most netbook offerings come burd...
Nokia spokespeople are quick to correct you if you slip and call the Booklet 3G a netbook.
The words overclocking and netbook appear in a sentence together about as often as Steve Ballmer is spotted at a Linux convention. Netbooks are all about portability over performance. Overclocking is all about taking already blazing-fast gear and pus...
The Nokia Booklet 3G netbook may have some clever innovations, including mobile broadband and a 12-hour battery, but its steep price tag will drive customers away.
Netbooks are universally regarded for their portability, but no two netbook models are exactly alike, and each seems to come with different trade-offs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW