Tablets, netbooks, smartphones--these days, you can't buy a microwave without being upsold on the touchscreen, app-store model. But when you're picking out your preferred mobile tech for work (or even for play), you can't rely on a features chart or ...
So long, netbooks.
The term "disruptive," a common buzzword in tech journalism, is typically used to describe something that jars people out of existing ways of doing things, and provides them with both new ways to do the old things and new things to do. Weather-beaten...
Chip manufacturer Intel is defying conventions and moving out of its established space in personal computing systems, and spreading their territory to include tablets, mobile phones, and smart TVs, among others.
Google's Chrome OS is coming to a netbook near you sometime later this year. The Web-centric, Linux-based, open source platform will offer a lightweight, cost-effective alternative operating system for portable computing.
It's official: Google plans to debut its Chrome operating system in the fourth quarter of this year, although the company has yet to provide an exact launch date. Sundar Pichai, Google's vice president of product management, made the announcement W...
While the Apple iPad and other emerging tablets may ultimately shift the playing field, netbooks from the big corporate suppliers offer an interesting mobile alternative to big, bulky laptops.
"The netbook is not an experience people are going to continue wanting to have," Apple COO Tim Cook said Tuesday at an investment conference in San Francisco. "When they play with the iPad and experience the magic of using it... I have a hard time be...
In launching the new Apple iPad this week, CEO Steve Jobs took a stand against the popular netbook category, which he dismissed as a poor fit into the space between laptops and smartphones.
Look, I know you like the netbook idea -- and you love netbook prices. If you're like most people, you think tablets are expensive, slow, heavy and a pain to use. But if you've bought one, you know that netbooks aren't as great as they sound. And nex...
The netbook promises convenience and capability in a small, lightweight, and generally inexpensive package, and the concept of a smartbook goes even further: a handy-dandy combination of smartphone and notebook. Alas, most netbook offerings come burd...
Nokia spokespeople are quick to correct you if you slip and call the Booklet 3G a netbook.
The words overclocking and netbook appear in a sentence together about as often as Steve Ballmer is spotted at a Linux convention. Netbooks are all about portability over performance. Overclocking is all about taking already blazing-fast gear and pus...
The Nokia Booklet 3G netbook may have some clever innovations, including mobile broadband and a 12-hour battery, but its steep price tag will drive customers away.
Netbooks are universally regarded for their portability, but no two netbook models are exactly alike, and each seems to come with different trade-offs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW