Is your netbook envious of touch-driven devices? You can't turn your netbook into an iPad, but you can retrofit it with a touchscreen and avoid the tiny touchpad.
Small, light and extremely portable, netbooks are ideal for computing on the move. But deciding which mini laptop is best for you isn't an easy task - particularly when every choice demands a trade-off.
While the easiest way to install Windows 7 on a netbook is by booting from an external DVD drive, it’s probably not worth spending $100 on a drive that you won’t use more than a few times. It’s much more economical to use a 4GB USB key, which will on...
Most modern desktops and laptops have power to spare, but netbooks are notoriously pokey. Consequently, you should turn off any operating-system features that can make your Lilliputian PC even slower.
When did entertainment get so complicated? So many files, and so many formats. Our no-hassle tips for iTunes music and digital video will let you play what you want, where you want, on any device you own. We'll also show you how to enjoy and share yo...
By now you know that you can download the Windows 7 Release Candidate free of charge from Microsoft and use it for nearly a year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC