Is your netbook envious of touch-driven devices? You can't turn your netbook into an iPad, but you can retrofit it with a touchscreen and avoid the tiny touchpad.
Small, light and extremely portable, netbooks are ideal for computing on the move. But deciding which mini laptop is best for you isn't an easy task - particularly when every choice demands a trade-off.
While the easiest way to install Windows 7 on a netbook is by booting from an external DVD drive, it’s probably not worth spending $100 on a drive that you won’t use more than a few times. It’s much more economical to use a 4GB USB key, which will on...
Most modern desktops and laptops have power to spare, but netbooks are notoriously pokey. Consequently, you should turn off any operating-system features that can make your Lilliputian PC even slower.
When did entertainment get so complicated? So many files, and so many formats. Our no-hassle tips for iTunes music and digital video will let you play what you want, where you want, on any device you own. We'll also show you how to enjoy and share yo...
By now you know that you can download the Windows 7 Release Candidate free of charge from Microsoft and use it for nearly a year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia