NetSuite has avoided what could have been an ugly, image-damaging court battle, having reached an agreement to dismiss a lawsuit brought by its customer SkinMedix over an allegedly unusable software system.
NetSuite is rounding out its e-commerce portfolio with the acquisition of Venda in a move that also pushes the cloud vendor deeper into European markets. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
NetSuite has been hit with another customer lawsuit, this time from textile products manufacturer Kentwool, which alleges the cloud ERP vendor pulled the wool over its eyes in order to take its money.
Bowing to pressure from customers and competitors, SAP will provide a series of recently released, next-generation user interface technologies at no extra charge.
NetSuite is facing a lawsuit from a skin care product retailer that alleges an overzealous salesman led them to buy a software system that utterly failed to meet its needs.
NetSuite is overhauling its cloud ERP software's user interface, hoping to keep pace at a time when consumer-like experiences are increasingly becoming the norm in enterprise applications.
Dell and NetSuite are broadening their relationship, with Dell becoming a global reseller and IT systems integrator for NetSuite's cloud ERP (enterprise resource planning) software.
While the bulk of enterprise software is still deployed on-premises, SaaS (software as a service) continues to undergo rapid growth. Gartner has said the total market will top $22 billion through 2015, up from more than $14 billion in 2012.
It's been another busy year in the enterprise software industry, marked by high-profile acquisitions and IPOs, the rise of in-memory computing, a red-hot HCM (human capital management) market, and even the apparent settling of a long-running Silicon ...
Microsoft is hoping to differentiate its Dynamics CRM (customer relationship management) software from the likes of Salesforce.com with a new set of 18 industry templates that fit the application to verticals including sports management, health care ...
Oracle has joined the ranks of ERP (enterprise resource planning) software vendors hoping to capitalize on uncertainty among customers of SAP's Business ByDesign software, offering to waive one year of subscription fees to those who migrate to Oracle...
Oracle and NetSuite are to jointly offer cloud services to mid-size business customers.
Oracle Database, WebLogic Server, and Java now certified for Windows Azure and Hyper-V
Oracle hasn't even officially released its 12c database yet, but CEO Larry Ellison has already revealed plans for the version that will follow, 12.1c, which apparently will be Oracle's most direct response yet to SAP's HANA in-memory platform.
Microsoft is upping the stakes in the growing market for cloud-based ERP, with its Dynamics GP 2013 and NAV 2013 products now available for deployment on its Azure service.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCService ManagerACT