EMC Corp. today announced it has acquired NetWitness Corp, a security company that makes the NextGen visibility monitoring system to detect electronic threats and malware-based attacks. EMC said NetWitness will operate as part of RSA.
Security firm NetWitness today announced Spectrum, an appliance for enabling automated malware analysis that works in conjunction with the company's traffic-analysis gear used to spot threats and policy violations.
A botnet fingered for stealing a treasure trove of information last year has struck again, harvesting sensitive documents from dozens of government agencies and contractors, according to a pair of security experts.
Security researchers at Herndon, Va.-based NetWitness Corp. have unearthed a massive botnet affecting at least 75,000 computers at 2,500 companies and government agencies worldwide.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW