QNAP's Turbo NAS TS-419U serves storage with the works
A 4-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device with 8TB storage capacity for small to medium businesses
Netgear's premium 4-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device is easy to use but expensive
As cloud storage and SSDs threaten to make hard drives an afterthought, Seagate's LaCie division has decided to make storage an art form.
Cloud providers seeking business from EU institutions could become subject to more scrutiny from the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS).
Hewlett-Packard's new Z Turbo Drive solid-state drives will be faster than conventional SSDs that plug into hard-drive slots, the company said.
LaCie has increased the storage capacity of its 5big external storage product to 25TB.
Backup and recovery is starting to get some of the same capabilities as primary storage systems to handle the rising floods of data with less management overhead.
Network-attached storage (NAS) can make your business easier to run and more efficient in multiple ways.
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mi...
Start-up Nimble Storage came out of the development stage this week with its first product -- an array that combines solid state drives (SSD) with high-capacity, cost and performance serial ATA (SATA) hard drives, acts as primary and backup storage a...
The more digital content that we create (music, photos, movies, etc.) and the more we want to share it with others, the more likely it is we'll need some place to store it. You might be looking at digital cameras or music players on your holiday list...
The scoop: FreeAgent DockStar, by Seagate, about $US100
Network-attached storage (NAS), once only available (and affordable) for enterprises, is becoming more common for small business and even home use. And necessary - if you are looking for secure backups for your data, a single backup disk collecting d...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- FTClient Service AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC