Texas Instruments and Qualcomm are working on products that will power small mobile base stations, also known as small cells, and help improve indoor coverage and speeds for enterprises.
Networking and telecom equipment vendor Huawei has won a provisional injunction against sales of 4G base stations by competitor ZTE in Germany.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
In the world of high-frequency trading, where being ahead of the competition by a few milliseconds can mean profits worth millions of dollars, finance firms are increasingly looking to decades-old microwave technologies for a competitive edge.
It already sells phones and tablets, provides a wealth of online services and has been laying high-speed fiber to people's homes. Now Google is apparently considering a wireless network service as well.
The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negat...
Whitepapers about network infrastructure
This whitepaper is the second in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section details the design and capabilities of different forms of protection architecture designed for a variety of circumstances, while also providing alternative approaches. The paper also explains how to maintain availability, including network and application defense and DNS DDoS Mitigation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW