IT leaders must prepare for 'wear-your-own-device' as wearables-driven consumerisation starts to take hold.
How do you know your network is safe from attacks and failures? Veriflow, a startup with backing from the U.S. Defense Department, says it can make sure.
Today is Patch Tuesday again. The ninth of the year already. Microsoft has released five new security bulletins, and Adobe has joined the party with some security patching of its own today. With all of the vulnerabilities and updates, though, you nee...
An attack on a Dutch company that issues certificates used to authenticate websites was state-sponsored, according to the chief executive of Comodo, a company that also issues digital certificates and suffered a similar setback in March.
The hacking group Anonymous has waged a full-on war on BART, the San Francisco subway system, over cellular shutdowns to stifle protests. Following two demonstrations that led to temporary station closures, hacking and posting personal information of...
Today is the final Microsoft Patch Tuesday for 2010. It has been a busy year for Microsoft when it comes to security bulletins, and December is no exception as Microsoft closes out the year with a record 17 security bulletins. With only a week or so ...
A wireless connection isn't just handy when you're out and about. There are more options for going wireless at home, whether it's so you can enjoy catch-up TV you've downloaded on your actual telly (rather than the PC screen) or so you can work in a ...
I like the idea of keeping a Wi-Fi network open so visitors can be welcomed into the warm Internet like Elijah to a seder. But for your business, you'll likely want restrict access as much as possible to minimize the risk of stolen data. A Wi-Fi netw...
Laptops used to be the only devices on the company's wireless network. But Wi-Fi has become a ubiquitous standard used by a host of devices -- including desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, tablets, smartphones, printers, storage devices, and projectors.
There are more than a few critics of cloud computing, even at PCWorld; I'm probably one of them. But I've been turning over in my mind different perspectives on the cloud. I've tried to set aside the views of the IT executive, who seems to dominate t...
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
In recent weeks WikiLeaks has been targeted by denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, had its hosting service shutdown, been bounced off of Amazon hosting, had its funding through PayPal, MasterCard and other sources shut down, and its leader arrested on s...
The continuing saga of Google's wireless snooping and the maelstrom it's generated won't end anytime soon.
Whitepapers about network security
Organizations today operate in a Faster Forward world, as they experience a shift towards an increasingly mobile workforce. Following this, an evolving stream of attackers are now targeting mobile devices where they can more easily access a larger number of high-value corporate and government assets. This paper will guide you through finding the right Web security partner that can improve efficiency while reducing risks and improving web experience.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW