Ease of use is a hallmark of this device, and it's a good one to choose if you're a newbie to the NAS scene
Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo review: A small, 4TB network storage device with plenty of useful features
A previously misunderstood magnetic phenomenon has been apparently explained by a paper published on Sunday in Nature Materials – and the explanation could lead to wholesale transformation in magnetic storage.
Red Hat announced Tuesday that it is acquiring Gluster, which makes open-source software that clusters commodity SATA drives and NAS systems into massively scalable pools of storage, in a cash deal valued at about $136 million. Gluster is also a cont...
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
This vendor-written tech primer is submitted on the behalf of the NVMe Promoter Group, which is backed by Cisco, Dell, EMC, IDT, Intel, Micron, NetApp, Oracle, SandForce, and STEC. Readers should note it favors the NVMe's approach.
Plenty of hardware vendors are pushing out Solid State Disk products to speed up data access. Now a startup is emerging from stealth mode with server software designed to make it easier to use SSD with existing storage systems and applications.
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Microsoft will cut 2,850 more jobs by the end of the year
- Trump's hacking comment rattles the cybersecurity industry
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC