Ease of use is a hallmark of this device, and it's a good one to choose if you're a newbie to the NAS scene
Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo review: A small, 4TB network storage device with plenty of useful features
A previously misunderstood magnetic phenomenon has been apparently explained by a paper published on Sunday in Nature Materials – and the explanation could lead to wholesale transformation in magnetic storage.
Red Hat announced Tuesday that it is acquiring Gluster, which makes open-source software that clusters commodity SATA drives and NAS systems into massively scalable pools of storage, in a cash deal valued at about $136 million. Gluster is also a cont...
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
This vendor-written tech primer is submitted on the behalf of the NVMe Promoter Group, which is backed by Cisco, Dell, EMC, IDT, Intel, Micron, NetApp, Oracle, SandForce, and STEC. Readers should note it favors the NVMe's approach.
Plenty of hardware vendors are pushing out Solid State Disk products to speed up data access. Now a startup is emerging from stealth mode with server software designed to make it easier to use SSD with existing storage systems and applications.
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA