Imation, a vendor of removable storage medium that includes hard disk drives and magnetic tape, today announced its first network-attached storage appliance aimed at offloading data from primary storage to near-line disk backup and remote disk archiv...
Micron today released its first entry-level solid state drive (SSD) aimed at being used as a boot drive in servers or for I/O intensive read applications, such as video streaming in cloud computing environments.
F5 Networks today announced the release of two new file virtualization appliances, an entry-level offering and a midrange product that features 10-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
Hewlett-Packard today announced a series of upgrades to its storage products, including the addition of data snapshots and a portfolio of pre-configured storage systems.
Dell today announced a new appliance that allows its block-based storage area network (SAN) to store file-based data under one unified management interface.
Sales of external disk storage systems continue to boom with a fifth consecutive quarter of double-digit revenue gains, according to market research firm IDC.
Cloud storage services don't represent the death knell for small and medium-sized business (SMB) network-attached storage (NAS), which is expected to grow to more than $2 billion in 2015.
As image resolution increases and 3D video becomes a more common format, digital data storage requirements for the entertainment industry are predicted to grow quickly over the next five years.
LAS VEGAS - EMC announced at its annual trade show today an upgrade to its data-caching appliance that allows storage arrays to replicate data between applications over distances greater than 2,000 miles.
Fewer than 10% of enterprise-class corporations are considering the public cloud as a place to store even their lowest tier of data for archive purposes, a new survey of 247 Fortune 1000 corporations shows.
Permabit Technology on Tuesday announced an iteration of its Albireo primary data deduplication software for SMB network-attached storage systems based on Linux servers.
Over the last year, Dell acquired clustered storage vendor Exanet, data compression vendor Ocarina and SAN vendor Compellent .
NetApp announced today that it has entered into an agreement to purchase Engenio, a maker of external high-performance storage arrays targeted at storing data from high-bandwidth applications such as video processing.
Last year, hard disk drive manufacturers shipped 5,127 petabytes of storage capacity, a 55.7 per cent increase over 2009, according to a report released Friday by market research firm IDC. A petabyte equals 1 million gigabytes, and 1 exabyte equals 1...
Popular online backup provider Mozy plans to notify customers of its MozyHome service tomorrow that it plans to soon launch mobile applications for Apple iOS- and Android-based devices.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperVIC
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW