Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Three men accused of selling and exporting over $10 million worth of fake Cisco networking equipment into the U.S. have been arrested by U.K. police.
Cisco and Microsoft have jointly created a software and hardware package designed to help cloud providers spin up new services more quickly.
Cisco Systems is forging ahead with LAN switches designed to support faster Wi-Fi access points even while an Ethernet standard for the technology they use is still taking shape.
A vulnerability in Asuswrt, the firmware running on many wireless router models from Asustek Computer, allows attackers to completely compromise the affected devices. Malicious hackers, however, need to launch their attacks from within the local netw...
Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
Belkin's Linksys division took the wraps off a host of new networking gear at CES on Sunday, including two new Wi-Fi routers, a new NAS box, two new range extenders, antenna upgrades for its existing routers, and--at long last--an open-source Wi-Fi d...
A serious vulnerability in an embedded Web server used by many router models from different manufacturers allows remote attackers to take control of affected devices over the Internet.
Staying anonymous online could get a lot simpler with Anonabox, a pocket-sized networking device due to launch early next year.
At a time of growing concern about the security of interconnected devices in homes, a startup aims to provide consumers with a type of network security system traditionally used by businesses.
Routers appear to be as insecure as ever, after hackers successfully compromised five popular wireless models during a contest at the DefCon 22 security conference, reporting 15 new vulnerabilities to affected vendors.
Specialized servers used by many ISPs to manage routers and other gateway devices provisioned to their customers are accessible from the Internet and can easily be taken over by attackers, researchers warn.
Cisco Systems said attackers could disrupt or intercept traffic in many of its networking products unless a new security update is applied to the software they run.
Advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation wants to address the poor security track record of home routers with a new firmware project that will encourage users to share their Internet connection publicly by setting up guest Wi-Fi networks.
Researchers are gearing up to hack an array of different home routers during a contest next month at the Defcon 22 security conference.
Nine of Cisco's home and small office cable modems with router and wireless access point functionality need software updates to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow remote attackers to completely compromise them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Google tool lets users personalize the ads they see
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Huawei beats Samsung and all Android rivals on security patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC