The growing popularity of 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Ethernet in data centers helped propel the entire Ethernet switch market during the third quarter, according to IDC.
With its new-found focus on IP networking and fast broadband access, Alcatel-Lucent is poised to take advantage of a worldwide explosion in mobile devices and the rush of service providers and operators to the cloud, company executives said at the ne...
Vulnerabilities in the management interfaces of some wireless router and network-attached storage products from Netgear expose the devices to remote attacks that could result in their complete compromise, researchers warn.
D-Link will address by the end of October a security issue in some of its routers that could allow attackers to change the device settings without requiring a username and password.
Cisco Systems has released security patches for authentication bypass, command execution and denial-of-service vulnerabilities affecting products that use its Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) software, as well as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switc...
Facebook's head of network operations has great expectations for software defined networking (SDN), though he may not be relying on commercial hardware vendors to bring SDN to the social networking giant's own infrastructure.
Cisco Systems has patched 10 vulnerabilities that could impact the availability of devices using various versions of its IOS software.
Cisco Systems has unveiled what it calls the world's most scalable and programmable network processor, the nPower X1, which handles 400G bps to keep up with increasing Internet traffic volume.
The feud between Cisco Systems and maintenance service provider Multiven has come to Europe with the filing of a new antitrust compliant over how Cisco provides software updates.
Huawei Technologies is bringing its own "software-defined networking" switch globally in a bid to raise its profile and expand in a market dominated by Cisco.
The diversified range of new products being built and provided by Google now make the company accountable for nearly 25 percent of all Internet traffic, up from a mere 6 percent just three years ago, according to a new study.
With more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case.
As part of the Open Compute Project (OCP), Facebook's network engineering team is leading a project to develop an open source networking switch.
If software-defined networking ultimately changes the landscape of networking, Intel could be one of the biggest beneficiaries -- and might be one of the reasons.
Chipmaker LSI is hoping to improve networking performance and flexibility with its ARM-based Axxia 4500 processor family, announced Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW