Extend your network with the AV2000 2-port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit
Add more bandwidth to your wireless network for 5GHz devices with this beefy router
This device allows you to connect your existing stereo to your home network in order to play content through mobile devices and computers
This tall router provides fast 802.11ac performance, and has useful Cloud and remote features
This dual-band ADSL2+ modem-router is reliable and inexpensive
Networking in pictures
The retail giant's connected-home concept store in San Francisco showcases dozens of cool IoT products for the home, but buyers are still on their own.
We scour the F500 list to home in on the largest tech companies gracing the list.
Outgoing and incoming Cisco CEOs John Chambers and Chuck Robbins weren’t the only attractions at the annual Cisco event in San Diego this week.
Cisco CEO, John Chambers, has rubbed elbows with many business, political and entertainment VIPs during his 20 years at the helm
Huawei appears to be seeking to stake out a central co-ordinating role in the evolution of 5G mobile applications.
NBN has signed an agreement with NetComm Wireless for the supply of distribution point units (DPUs) that will be used in the roll out of ‘fibre to the curb’ (FTTC — also called fibre to the distribution point or FTTdp).
NBN CEO Bill Morrow says there is “broad-based support” among National Broadband Network retail service providers (RSP) for a shift to a modified discount scheme for the capacity-based CVC charge.
Facebook’s 100-gigabit switch design has been accepted by the Open Compute Project, a step that should help to foster an open ecosystem of hardware and software on high-speed networking gear.
In Australia’s non-metro areas, the rollout of the National Broadband Network is 42 per cent complete, according to NBN’s chief network engineering officer, Peter Ryan. Non-metro Australia covers “the biggest physical expanse and lowest density areas...
Last September, a new thread in Apple Support Communities briefly noted that a user was unable to get his iPhone 5 to pair with other Bluetooth devices. As it turned out, he was not alone. Cut to the present: this thread is now 29 pages long, with se...
Picture this: You're sitting down
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Network-attached storage (NAS) can make your business easier to run and more efficient in multiple ways.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not ve...
When Microsoft rolls out a new version of Windows, the company always likes to rearrange the furniture a little bit and put old features in new spots. If you're coming to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, one such feature is the ability to mark a Wi-Fi co...
The Internet of Things may be a new idea, but machines talking to other machines is not.
The Internet of Things is still too hard. Even some of its biggest backers say so.
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
Google and Samsung have grown closer over the past week following Google's sale of Motorola to Lenovo and a 10-year global patent cross-license agreement signed by the tech giants.
Whitepapers about Networking
This paper serves security professionals interested in better techniques for finding vulnerabilities, who have a solid understanding of networking principles and familiarity with the concepts related to hacking, vulnerabilities, and exploits. Read on for an in-depth view of the use of expert systems to achieve accurate and detailed vulnerability results.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of an innovation programVIC
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW