This device allows you to connect your existing stereo to your home network in order to play content through mobile devices and computers
This tall router provides fast 802.11ac performance, and has useful Cloud and remote features
This dual-band ADSL2+ modem-router is reliable and inexpensive
An all-in-one device for all your home networking needs, designed by iiNet Labs
Belkin offers a good first step towards 802.11ac Wi-Fi, but its USB and DLNA features need work
Networking in pictures
Just be thankful you aren’t associated with any of these people.
Floating things, flying things, finding things and fashion things are all part of the Internet of Things. Prepare for a hyper connected future.
HP's annual Discover conference unearths new IT products
This exclusive research from IDG US publication, Network World, shows that Cloud and mobility are gaining in importance - and while the insights into the State of Networking are based on US sampling the picture paints a broad picture of where networking is heading ... and that is worth considering globally.
Bare-metal switches that can be programmed like Linux servers aren't just for big Web companies anymore. They may show up in a lot more average enterprises in the next few years.
Chinese telecommunications and networking equipment giant Huawei Technologies is partnering left, right and center at Cebit as it seeks to more firmly establish itself in Europe.
When Unify invited visitors at last year's Cebit to test a new unified communications service, Project Ansible, it was nothing but a tightly scripted demo.
Networking hardware and spontaneous applause don't often go together, but Facebook's Omar Baldonado set off a round of cheering this week when he told engineers there's finally an open-source hardware design that they can use to build switches.
The new MacBook is supposed to usher in a wire-free future for laptops, but Apple left out technologies that could have saved road warriors a few ungainly wires.
Last September, a new thread in Apple Support Communities briefly noted that a user was unable to get his iPhone 5 to pair with other Bluetooth devices. As it turned out, he was not alone. Cut to the present: this thread is now 29 pages long, with se...
Picture this: You're sitting down
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Network-attached storage (NAS) can make your business easier to run and more efficient in multiple ways.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not ve...
The Internet of Things may be a new idea, but machines talking to other machines is not.
The Internet of Things is still too hard. Even some of its biggest backers say so.
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
Google and Samsung have grown closer over the past week following Google's sale of Motorola to Lenovo and a 10-year global patent cross-license agreement signed by the tech giants.
The group trying to buy BlackBerry for US$4.7 billion will likely break up the company, wiping out its smartphone division while preserving BlackBerry's secure network services used by large enterprises. But one analyst said he hopes that's not the c...
Whitepapers about Networking
This paper serves security professionals interested in better techniques for finding vulnerabilities, who have a solid understanding of networking principles and familiarity with the concepts related to hacking, vulnerabilities, and exploits. Read on for an in-depth view of the use of expert systems to achieve accurate and detailed vulnerability results.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 3 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 4 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
- 5 Toshiba Portege Z20t Ultrabook (PT15BA-00500Y)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- IBM to pump $3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW