It’s still too early to determine how much effort will be required to whip into shape the elements of Telstra’s copper network that will be used for the National Broadband Network, according to an analysis prepared on behalf of NBN.
Vodafone has carried out wireless network trials using the emerging Narrow Band-IoT (NB-IoT) standard.
The PC market has been in trouble for ages, but last year took the biscuit. Shipments dropped below 300 million for the first time since 2008, and IDC declared it the worst year in history. That explains a lot about what happened at Intel this week.
Intel's launched new robotics and drone developer kits at the low-key IDF trade show in Shenzhen.
TPG will deliver high-speed connectivity to I-MED Network under a deal announced today by the two companies.
The odds that the National Broadband Network rollout will return to the original plan that called for most homes to be connected by fibre to the premises (FTTP) seem to be slim at best.
South Korean carrier KT has said it wants to launch the first 5G network at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang. On Thursday, KT announced a successful trial of one potential 5G technology in that mountain resort region.
The technology mix of the National Broadband Network has begun to tilt towards fibre to the node (FTTN), but figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveal that fibre to the premises (FTTP) was the fastest growing Internet access technology ...
NBN will push ahead with a discounting scheme for one of the major charges it levies on retail service providers (RSPs) that sell services over the National Broadband Network.
Telstra this morning defended the performance of its mobile network following outages in February and March.
Huawei is getting into networked streetlamps with a system that will let third-party developers add other smart-city capabilities.
AMD wants to counter concerns that system administrators may have about placing ARM servers in data centers with its new chips code-named Seattle, which are now shipping in volume after a long delay.
While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
Cisco is working to build the confidence of prospective customers in its products, two years after the NSA spying disclosures seeded doubt, particularly in China.
Smart cities could become healthier cities as the Internet of Things learns to gauge conditions from the sky to the sewer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW