The retail giant's connected-home concept store in San Francisco showcases dozens of cool IoT products for the home, but buyers are still on their own.
A new feature of Wi-Fi could help people find both each other and things nearby, without even being near a hotspot.
United Airlines grounded its planes for about an hour on Wednesday, reportedly because of a router failure. That's a wide path of destruction for one piece of equipment, but it's the kind of hazard that comes with networking, where each piece is alwa...
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
It's become common practice to use virtual private networks for extra privacy and security in this era of mass surveillance, but a study published this week suggests such networks may not be as safe as they're commonly made out to be.
Someone hacked through yet another fiber optic cable in the San Francisco Bay area early Tuesday morning, continuing a rash of incidents that have disrupted Internet traffic and vexed law enforcement officials.
Wi-Fi aggregator Fon is continuing its mission to cover the world with shared broadband Internet connections, with recent deals giving it a boost. But the U.S. market continues to elude the company.
We scour the F500 list to home in on the largest tech companies gracing the list.
Telstra will officially launched its national Wi-Fi network on Tuesday, with the telco dubbing the offering ‘Telstra Air’ and revealing that customers will be able to access an international network of wireless hotspots.
The newly-announced alliance between Juniper Networks and Ruckus Wireless underscores the importance of Wi-Fi in enterprises, where employees increasingly work and access cloud applications on mobile devices.
Google has been building its own software-defined datacentre networks for 10 years because traditional gear can't handle the scale of what are essentially warehouse-sized computers.
Cisco plans to invest US$10 billion in China, although its sales in the country are slumping due in part to persistent security concerns surrounding U.S. technology.
What happens if you combine the best of Wi-Fi and cellular networks? In South Korea, consumers get gigabit-speed service to their phones.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
Outgoing and incoming Cisco CEOs John Chambers and Chuck Robbins weren’t the only attractions at the annual Cisco event in San Diego this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
- Mobile OS once considered dead comes back to life in Indian smartphone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW