U.S. net neutrality rules will help Europe take the lead in broadband, Cisco CEO John Chambers says.
Hewlett-Packard will purchase Aruba Networks to boost its wireless networking business, the companies announced Monday.
If you have both cellular and Wi-Fi, why not use both? At Mobile World Congress, Alcatel-Lucent is demonstrating a way to do that as part of the same network.
Mobile World Congress is not the best place to launch a new messaging app: With thousands of tech-savvy visitors in Barcelona, many of them toting multiple connected devices, public wireless and Wi-Fi networks quickly become so saturated that it's di...
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
With the Federal Communications Commission set to vote in three days on reclassifying broadband as public regulated utility, Twitter made its support for stronger net-neutrality rules official Monday.
Texas Instruments and MediaTek have launched new offerings aimed at making it easier to build IoT (Internet of Things) devices with Wi-Fi connectivity.
Restrictive governments getting better at Internet censorship ... Facebook supersizes its open networking switch ... Apple shaking indentured servitude out of its supply chain ... and more news.
Cisco Systems posted quarterly revenue and profit gains that included growth for its software-defined networking products, and Chairman and CEO John Chambers used the occasion to lay down the gauntlet to SDN rival VMware.
Facebook is taking its crusade for open networking to a broader battlefield, using its 16-port "Wedge" switch design as the basis of a new modular platform that can link together racks of servers across a data center.
The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
Wi-Fi may carry many voice calls within the next few years, but the technology required to make those calls is still young in some ways.
If unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum is like a cool, independently run cafe, then mobile operators using those frequencies for LTE may sound like a corporate chain buying out your favorite spot.
The rapidly growing popularity of wearable devices will lead to a surge in volume of mobile traffic, Cisco is predicting.
In its push to connect as many gadgets to the Internet as possible, Intel has agreed to buy Lantiq, a German company that makes broadband access and home networking tech.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW