Bare-metal switches that can be programmed like Linux servers aren't just for big Web companies anymore. They may show up in a lot more average enterprises in the next few years.
Chinese telecommunications and networking equipment giant Huawei Technologies is partnering left, right and center at Cebit as it seeks to more firmly establish itself in Europe.
When Unify invited visitors at last year's Cebit to test a new unified communications service, Project Ansible, it was nothing but a tightly scripted demo.
Networking hardware and spontaneous applause don't often go together, but Facebook's Omar Baldonado set off a round of cheering this week when he told engineers there's finally an open-source hardware design that they can use to build switches.
The new MacBook is supposed to usher in a wire-free future for laptops, but Apple left out technologies that could have saved road warriors a few ungainly wires.
The Open Compute Project says it has broken tight bonds between hardware and software that have kept networking closed for decades -- and it took less than two years.
Cisco and Microsoft have jointly created a software and hardware package designed to help cloud providers spin up new services more quickly.
A network switch that Facebook designed for its own data centers will soon be on sale from Taiwanese manufacturer Accton Technologies, the latest sign of progress from the community hardware effort known as the Open Compute Project.
In the romantic city of Barcelona, cellular and Wi-Fi are getting set up on a lot of dates this week.
The push to virtualize mobile networks is picking up speed at Mobile World Congress this week as carriers and vendors promise new services and faster connections.
U.S. net neutrality rules will help Europe take the lead in broadband, Cisco CEO John Chambers says.
Hewlett-Packard will purchase Aruba Networks to boost its wireless networking business, the companies announced Monday.
If you have both cellular and Wi-Fi, why not use both? At Mobile World Congress, Alcatel-Lucent is demonstrating a way to do that as part of the same network.
Mobile World Congress is not the best place to launch a new messaging app: With thousands of tech-savvy visitors in Barcelona, many of them toting multiple connected devices, public wireless and Wi-Fi networks quickly become so saturated that it's di...
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Arduino targets the Internet of Things with Primo board
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
- Salesforce brings cross-channel service a step closer with new 'Snap-ins'
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW