John Chambers got a little feisty and a little sentimental in his last earnings call as Cisco's CEO on Wednesday, dismissing a criticism of the company as "garbage" and saying he hopes to be working half time by the fall because "the hunting season's...
Fujitsu has developed stamp-sized wearable sensor tags that can detect whether users have changed their location or posture, fallen down or are experiencing high heat.
Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
Three men accused of selling and exporting over $10 million worth of fake Cisco networking equipment into the U.S. have been arrested by U.K. police.
Microsoft has announced Azure networking improvements that will give IT staff more flexibility, and in the process help convince them to move more applications to the cloud.
Cisco CEO, John Chambers, has rubbed elbows with many business, political and entertainment VIPs during his 20 years at the helm
A way to let cellular operators share Wi-Fi frequencies without jamming up Internet service is now in the spotlight at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Cisco prepares to swap CEO... Google may face more scrutiny in Europe... Vint Cerf doesn't trust back doors... and more tech news
Cisco Systems has appointed Chuck Robbins, the company's senior vice president of worldwide operations, as CEO, replacing long-time chief executive John Chambers.
Most of us have had the experience of being unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network in a location with lots of people. A technology that promises to alleviate that problem is, however, slowly but surely making headway.
Interop 2015 features products from networking, Cloud, virtualisation and security vendors.
Broadcom and Freescale Semiconductor have announced switching platforms that promise to improve the performance of network virtualization and make the underlying technologies more widely available.
The writing's on the wall about the short supply of IPv4 addresses, and IPv6 has been around since 1999. Then why does the new protocol still make up just a fraction of the Internet?
Size is power in the mobile networks business, but it's only one of the reasons Nokia is acquiring Alcatel-Lucent.
With the Internet of Things in mind, ARM wants to improve the battery life of sensors that use Bluetooth, making it efficient enough to be powered using energy harvesting.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW