For some applications, a typical WeMo switch isn’t the solution. Belkin can’t make a switch for everything, but instead has come up with a product that hobbyists and DIY customers with electrical wiring knowledge can use to create their own home auto...
If you need an IPv4 address, which is an increasingly rare commodity, there are some people in Romania who may be able to help you.
The U.S. Department of Defense hasn't followed through on its commitment to convert to IPv6, the new Internet standard designed to make room for an explosion of new connected devices.
Cisco plans to beef up its SDN [software-defined networking] technology by acquiring Embrane, a startup with an architecture for virtualized network appliances.
Bare-metal switches that can be programmed like Linux servers aren't just for big Web companies anymore. They may show up in a lot more average enterprises in the next few years.
Chinese telecommunications and networking equipment giant Huawei Technologies is partnering left, right and center at Cebit as it seeks to more firmly establish itself in Europe.
When Unify invited visitors at last year's Cebit to test a new unified communications service, Project Ansible, it was nothing but a tightly scripted demo.
Networking hardware and spontaneous applause don't often go together, but Facebook's Omar Baldonado set off a round of cheering this week when he told engineers there's finally an open-source hardware design that they can use to build switches.
The new MacBook is supposed to usher in a wire-free future for laptops, but Apple left out technologies that could have saved road warriors a few ungainly wires.
The Open Compute Project says it has broken tight bonds between hardware and software that have kept networking closed for decades -- and it took less than two years.
Cisco and Microsoft have jointly created a software and hardware package designed to help cloud providers spin up new services more quickly.
A network switch that Facebook designed for its own data centers will soon be on sale from Taiwanese manufacturer Accton Technologies, the latest sign of progress from the community hardware effort known as the Open Compute Project.
In the romantic city of Barcelona, cellular and Wi-Fi are getting set up on a lot of dates this week.
The push to virtualize mobile networks is picking up speed at Mobile World Congress this week as carriers and vendors promise new services and faster connections.
U.S. net neutrality rules will help Europe take the lead in broadband, Cisco CEO John Chambers says.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC