The Internet Engineering Task Force is considering establishing a working group to smooth some of the impending issues around setting up and maintaining IPv6-based Internet connections into homes.
Wi-Fi service provider iPass has launched an exchange to help mobile network operators offer Wi-Fi roaming as part of their service.
The initial reviews of HP's TouchPad tablet are in and they paint a somewhat confusing picture.
Despite its inevitable comparisons to the popular Apple iPad, Cisco's Cius is viewed more as another entry point into Cisco's collaboration ecosystem and less as the company's entry into tablet computing.
HP straddles two worlds: enterprise systems and consumer electronics. Its new TouchPad tablet is intended to satisfy the needs of both. But you'll have to look harder and wait longer to see HP's unfolding enterprise plan for TouchPad.
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps. But <em>Macworld</em> has learned that Apple is working with developers to bring their apps in...
A Duke University grad student has come up with a way to double, or more, battery life in Wi-Fi devices, without any changes needed on the device itself. Essentially, the technique regulates how long and when client radios sleep, so that data transfe...
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps.
Japan's KDDI is installing more than 100,000 Wi-Fi hotspots that smartphone users will be connected to automatically for data services, offloading traffic from KDDI's cellular network.
If you're impressed with the current generation of LTE services, wait until you get a load of LTE Advanced.
Alcatel-Lucent is charting a course to the next generation of carrier routers with new silicon that is focused today on delivering services from the edge of a network but could also power a massive packet engine for the core.
Swedish broadband equipment maker Tilgin has launched Simba, a platform for home gateways that can handle gigabit speeds. The availability of cheaper components has made developing Simba possible, the company said on Monday.
While the Netherlands is primarily known for windmills, tulips and legalized marijuana, it could soon be known for its net neutrality regulations as well.
Starbucks said this week it has seen plenty of customers interested in using smartphones to pay for their coffee.
Research in Motion hasn't exactly had the best year so far.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA