How do you solve a problem like Apple and Google?
Security firm HackLabs is expected to demonstrate at AusCERT 2011 how hackers perform VoIP attacks and identify weaknesses in Cisco and other manufacturers VoIP phones.
Android and iOS mobile devices now can be corralled by a Smith Micro device management application unveiled this week at the Interop show in Las Vegas. Client-side code makes even personally-owned devices visible to enterprise IT managers.
You're staring at your iPad 2 screen, at what looks like four pictures of four coworkers quartering the display. And then one of them waves at you. And you wave back. And the videoconference starts.
Brocade Communications remains a networking specialist in an industry where networks are becoming just part of a broader architecture for many vendors. A longtime market leader in Fibre Channel SANs (storage area networks), Brocade acquired Ethernet ...
A browser-based app developed by Georgia Tech researchers is designed to help Internet users make better use of their bandwidth – and to make sure ISPs are holding up their end of the bandwidth bargain.
The mobile computing technology explosion has brought out seriously organized, international and profit-driven cybercriminals.
Microsoft's $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype could profoundly influence a set of collaboration and conferencing technologies called Unified Communications (UC) that have taken years to catch on, analysts said Thursday.
Cisco Systems plans to eliminate jobs as it focuses in on core businesses such as routing and switching, the company's executives said on Wednesday after announcing an 11 per cent decline in third-quarter profit.
Cisco Systems' revenue for its fiscal third quarter grew less than 5 percent from a year earlier, while its earnings per share fell 11 percent, the company reported on Wednesday.
LAS VEGAS -- Riverbed and Akamai are teaming up to offer technology and services that promise to optimize WAN traffic more effectively when it travels between corporate data centers and cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) providers.
Symbian and Microsoft Windows Mobile platforms have been the proving ground for mobile malware over the past five years, but a new Juniper Networks report states that Google Android now takes "the crown" as the platform getting the most attention fro...
The Android mobile powerhouse is cruising to new heights with 100 million activated devices, 4.5 billion applications downloaded from the Android Market, and 450,000 developers building tools for Android phones and tablets, Google said Tuesday as it ...
Cisco Tuesday unveiled a wireless LAN controller that allows centralized management of up to 500 branch office locations from one data center.
Even though Verizon Wireless claims its fast LTE network is "up and running" following an April 26 outage, it's still not working for some customers, including 50 Chicago-based users of laptops with LTE modems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD