Workers in telecom departments may be understandably apprehensive about switching from TDM to SIP, since it could conceivably put them out of work.
Microsoft says it did not "intentionally limit" access to Hotmail's HTTPS encryption service in foreign countries where freedom of expression is under attack.
NetScout Systems plans to buy Psytechnics, a small developer of service management software for unified communications, for an undisclosed sum.
The BlackBerry Protect remote security app previewed to users last year has become available for UK consumer users for the first time in a beta version, the company has announced.
Apple watchers are buzzing about a possible iOS 5 launch this fall, suggesting the company will break from recent tradition and release the new mobile operating system software after its next iPhone.
Microsoft researchers have designed a scheme for measuring whether licensed radio frequencies are actually being used so unlicensed devices can use it, something that may become necessary as demand for wireless applications grows.
The proposed AT&T-T-Mobile merger has many different groups standing athwart recent telecom history and yelling, "Stop!"
A startup founded by a former Citrix executive is aiming to help customers move Microsoft Exchange mailboxes to either Google Apps or Microsoft's own cloud.
The chief executive of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) said today that any transfer of IPv4 addresses from one organization to another will need to be compliant with established ARIN policy.
"I hear his name bandied about a lot, but I don't know him. I don't know who Henson is. He seems to have his hand in a lot of things around here, but I don't particularly know what that means."
In a novel use of the software, National Public Radio is using the Splunk log search engine to analyze Web traffic for its audio streams and downloads.
Polycom said it bought video management firm Accordent Technologies for $50 million in cash,
Microsoft hates when customers buy products that weren't built in Redmond, but Steve Ballmer and crew aren't going to miss a moneymaking opportunity, even if that means managing iPhones, iPads, Androids and, yes, even Linux computers.
Sprint may have groaned after rival carrier AT&T announced plans earlier this week to gobble up T-Mobile, but that didn't stop the carrier from debuting two splashy wireless devices at CTIA Tuesday.
In the wake of Internet blackouts in Egypt and Libya, Google has announced it is awarding at least $1 million to Georgia Tech researchers working on tools that will immediately reveal when governments are trying to shut down or censor use of the Inte...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- HPE is spinning out its huge services business and merging it with CSC
- Tech woes hamper jury in Oracle case aginst Google
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW