The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has approved IEEE 802.16m, the standard for the next generation of WiMax, which may deliver downstream speeds of more than 300M bps (bits per second).
Dell updated its enterprise Ethernet switch lineup on Thursday with the PowerConnect 7000 series, adding high-availability features, low power consumption and POE (power over Ethernet) to its equipment offerings for use in several parts of a LAN.
Sprint and Google are apparently going to be working close by each other in addition to more closely together.
Google is diving deeper into social networking.
Android smartphone users finally have a chance to run a mobile version of the Firefox browser. It's the first time the smartphone version has been released on a widely used mobile OS.
AT&T today said it plans to turn on faster upload speeds for the Motorola Atrix 4G and HTC Inspire 4G sometime in April after incurring customer wrath for not offering the faster speeds when the devices launched in February.
Woe is the rival company that predicts failure Apple and its products, particularly the iPad.
The early days of Windows Phone 7 have been all about positive reviews, not much market share, and a botched update that caused some phones to stop working.
A China backed telecommunications technology known as LTE TDD is being used to build new high-speed 4G (fourth generation) networks in Sweden and Denmark, highlighting the spread of the technology.
Workers in telecom departments may be understandably apprehensive about switching from TDM to SIP, since it could conceivably put them out of work.
Microsoft says it did not "intentionally limit" access to Hotmail's HTTPS encryption service in foreign countries where freedom of expression is under attack.
NetScout Systems plans to buy Psytechnics, a small developer of service management software for unified communications, for an undisclosed sum.
The BlackBerry Protect remote security app previewed to users last year has become available for UK consumer users for the first time in a beta version, the company has announced.
Apple watchers are buzzing about a possible iOS 5 launch this fall, suggesting the company will break from recent tradition and release the new mobile operating system software after its next iPhone.
Microsoft researchers have designed a scheme for measuring whether licensed radio frequencies are actually being used so unlicensed devices can use it, something that may become necessary as demand for wireless applications grows.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rival gang leaks decryption keys for Chimera ransomware
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC