Google is bidding $US900 million in cash for thousands of patents that Nortel will auction off as part of its bankruptcy proceedings, the companies said Monday.
Aruba Networks is introducing the first fruits of its acquisition of Azalea Networks this week, boosting the speed of the wireless mesh gear with IEEE 802.11n technology and integrating it into the Aruba MeshOS management system.
Brainshark has unveiled features for its video presentation service to create a more interactive experience for smartphone users.
While the race between industrial control system attackers and defenders didn't start with the Stuxnet worm, it certainly acted as a catalyst to a new arms race and more researchers taking a closer look at the quality of SCADA software.
A United Nations report into disaster relief calls for improved data sharing and technology collaboration between agencies to help save lives.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has approved IEEE 802.16m, the standard for the next generation of WiMax, which may deliver downstream speeds of more than 300M bps (bits per second).
Dell updated its enterprise Ethernet switch lineup on Thursday with the PowerConnect 7000 series, adding high-availability features, low power consumption and POE (power over Ethernet) to its equipment offerings for use in several parts of a LAN.
Sprint and Google are apparently going to be working close by each other in addition to more closely together.
Google is diving deeper into social networking.
Android smartphone users finally have a chance to run a mobile version of the Firefox browser. It's the first time the smartphone version has been released on a widely used mobile OS.
AT&T today said it plans to turn on faster upload speeds for the Motorola Atrix 4G and HTC Inspire 4G sometime in April after incurring customer wrath for not offering the faster speeds when the devices launched in February.
Woe is the rival company that predicts failure Apple and its products, particularly the iPad.
The early days of Windows Phone 7 have been all about positive reviews, not much market share, and a botched update that caused some phones to stop working.
A China backed telecommunications technology known as LTE TDD is being used to build new high-speed 4G (fourth generation) networks in Sweden and Denmark, highlighting the spread of the technology.
Workers in telecom departments may be understandably apprehensive about switching from TDM to SIP, since it could conceivably put them out of work.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
- Windows 10's new beta lets computers download updates from other PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCSnr Business Analyst - MulticloudVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW