"I hear his name bandied about a lot, but I don't know him. I don't know who Henson is. He seems to have his hand in a lot of things around here, but I don't particularly know what that means."
In a novel use of the software, National Public Radio is using the Splunk log search engine to analyze Web traffic for its audio streams and downloads.
Polycom said it bought video management firm Accordent Technologies for $50 million in cash,
Microsoft hates when customers buy products that weren't built in Redmond, but Steve Ballmer and crew aren't going to miss a moneymaking opportunity, even if that means managing iPhones, iPads, Androids and, yes, even Linux computers.
Sprint may have groaned after rival carrier AT&T announced plans earlier this week to gobble up T-Mobile, but that didn't stop the carrier from debuting two splashy wireless devices at CTIA Tuesday.
In the wake of Internet blackouts in Egypt and Libya, Google has announced it is awarding at least $1 million to Georgia Tech researchers working on tools that will immediately reveal when governments are trying to shut down or censor use of the Inte...
Google, Facebook and Microsoft are among the heavy hitters of the tech industry that have teamed up to support a new, cloud-focused initiative called Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
The Wi-Fi Alliance plans to make getting onto a public hotspot as easy as connecting to a cellular network, a change that mobile operators are likely to welcome as they look to shift more data traffic onto Wi-Fi.
Sprint is integrating the Google Voice application into all of its phones, giving users a new way to make cheap international calls.
High port density, high throughput, and very low latency are bedrock requirements in the data center, and Force10's new S4810 top-of-rack switch delivers on all three counts.
Results of a five-year study on telemedicine showed that patients can be treated virtually by physicians as effectively as if the patients made physical visits to the doctor's office. In another finding, the remote treatment also improved doctor-pati...
Google must pay a fine of €100,000 ($US142,000) for the unauthorized collection of information about the location of Wi-Fi hotspots in France by its Street View cars, France's National Commission on Computing and Liberty (CNIL) has ordered.
AT&T’s surprise buyout of T-Mobile USA for $39 billion has industry watchers scrambling to figure out what the deal means for subscribers, the U.S. cellular industry and investors.
The $599 price for the Wi-Fi only Xoom tablet from Motorola Mobility has triggered an online debate about whether it's competitive with Apple's iPad 2 or way overpriced.
Android hasn't just surpassed Apple's iPhone in terms of total device sales, but in Web page load time as well.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A hacker wants to sell 10 million patient records on a black market
- Microsoft's open sourcing of .NET hits a major milestone
- Qualcomm wants to bring LTE to more IoT devices
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW