Google is diving deeper into social networking.
Android smartphone users finally have a chance to run a mobile version of the Firefox browser. It's the first time the smartphone version has been released on a widely used mobile OS.
AT&T today said it plans to turn on faster upload speeds for the Motorola Atrix 4G and HTC Inspire 4G sometime in April after incurring customer wrath for not offering the faster speeds when the devices launched in February.
Woe is the rival company that predicts failure Apple and its products, particularly the iPad.
The early days of Windows Phone 7 have been all about positive reviews, not much market share, and a botched update that caused some phones to stop working.
A China backed telecommunications technology known as LTE TDD is being used to build new high-speed 4G (fourth generation) networks in Sweden and Denmark, highlighting the spread of the technology.
Workers in telecom departments may be understandably apprehensive about switching from TDM to SIP, since it could conceivably put them out of work.
Microsoft says it did not "intentionally limit" access to Hotmail's HTTPS encryption service in foreign countries where freedom of expression is under attack.
NetScout Systems plans to buy Psytechnics, a small developer of service management software for unified communications, for an undisclosed sum.
The BlackBerry Protect remote security app previewed to users last year has become available for UK consumer users for the first time in a beta version, the company has announced.
Apple watchers are buzzing about a possible iOS 5 launch this fall, suggesting the company will break from recent tradition and release the new mobile operating system software after its next iPhone.
Microsoft researchers have designed a scheme for measuring whether licensed radio frequencies are actually being used so unlicensed devices can use it, something that may become necessary as demand for wireless applications grows.
The proposed AT&T-T-Mobile merger has many different groups standing athwart recent telecom history and yelling, "Stop!"
A startup founded by a former Citrix executive is aiming to help customers move Microsoft Exchange mailboxes to either Google Apps or Microsoft's own cloud.
The chief executive of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) said today that any transfer of IPv4 addresses from one organization to another will need to be compliant with established ARIN policy.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- CCSiebel Developers x 8SA
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)WA
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPProject Manager | Sunshine Coast Location - Sea Change?QLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD