The Google Android-based Motorola Mobility Xoom tablet will start at about $600 for a Wi-Fi only version – a price that should be much more competitive with Apple iPad pricing than was initially thought.
Wi-Fi looks set to play a growing role in mobile networks even as LTE and other new cellular technologies with higher capacity are deployed.
In a move that underscores the importance of both mobile devices and video in staying connected within enterprises, Logitech is extending its LifeSize video streaming system to iPads, iPhones and iPods.
The latest Apple iPhone 5 rumor centers on the anticipated smartphone featuring a 4-inch screen, about 14% bigger than the standard 3.5-inch display of current iPhones and more in line with what Google Android phone makers have been offering.
A newly formed industry group has proposed a standard that could significantly boost the upload speeds of video content to mobile devices.
Cisco Systems will make a three-pronged attack at Mobile World Congress this week on what it sees as an impending flood of mobile data, especially video, by extending its current product lines with tools for better content delivery.
Just months after dismissing the importance of mobile apps, Research in Motion could be jumping aboard the app bandwagon.
Reports out of Algeria say the North African country has shut down Internet access and eliminated Facebook accounts as pro-democracy protesters seek to topple the government much as Egyptians did in their nation this week.
Microsoft and Nokia both have a lot to lose - and gain - by their mobile alliance, with the Finnish handset maker deciding to adopt Windows Phone 7 as its smartphone operating system.
The head of Cisco Systems' consumer products business is leaving the company less than two years after he arrived with the acquisition of Flip camcorder maker Pure Digital Technologies.
The fast, high-capacity Wi-Fi that users have been enjoying for a few years in laptops is now due to hit smartphones and tablets in a big way, with two major Wi-Fi chip makers announcing products that use IEEE 802.11n with multiple antennas.
Despite efforts by Google, HP, Dell and others to grab center stage in recent weeks with tablet computer announcements, Apple and its market leading iPads remain the chief attention getters.
Israeli company Trusteer is taking its Rapport secure browsing technology into mobile security for the first time, announcing a smartphone and tablet protection system for businesses, Secure Web Access.
As large enterprises search for solutions to get the most out of their outsourcing vendors, many are turning to operational frameworks like Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to improve the effectiveness of IT service delivery.
Cost-saving technologies remain a priority for IT in 2011 and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), with its ability to streamline operations, is one of the technologies at the top of the list.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- US Senate blocks NSA surveillance reform bill
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box
- Google gives Android developers new tools for tracking app performance
- US Senate leader pushes to extend NSA phone dragnet
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW