Novell Thursday shipped software for managing enterprise Linux servers made by Novell and Red Hat, taking its systems management approach to a higher level.
Juniper Networks reaffirmed its long-term forecast for annual revenue growth of 20 per cent or more as it met with financial analysts on Thursday following two big product-line introductions.
Apple's new iPad 2 tablet computer will only strengthen the company's grip in one market that isn't even a priority for it: the enterprise. And that leaves IT groups still struggling with how to manage and secure a wildly popular mobile device.
Juniper Networks is developing a massive switch that could replace traditional IP (Internet Protocol) routers in the core of service-provider networks and combine optical and electronic technologies that today exist in separate systems with dedicated...
If you're a mobile worker and like to go online using public Wi-Fi services, like those in coffee shops, you probably don't realize how insanely reckless you're being.
Five start-ups unveiled services for building mobile applications and Web services this week at DEMO Spring 2011, bringing application development capabilities to the masses - or, at least, to people who lack traditional programming and mobile develo...
The Google Android Market for apps is supposed to be an apps showplace, but the fact that Google this week yanked down about 50 Android apps it found out were malicious came as something of a jolt to many in the security industry.
If the launch of Apple's iPad 2 tablet computer was expected today, the appearance onstage of ailing CEO Steve Jobs was not. And it set the tone for the entire event: he was welcomed by a standing ovation.
The success of Apple's iPad tablet last year sent its competitors scrambling to come up with similar products, including the BlackBerry PlayBook, the Motorola Xoom and the Samsung Galaxy Tab.
RIM has been talking up its PlayBook tablet for months, but has been coy about when the latest Apple iPad killer will ship and what it will cost. Speculation heated up Wednesday, on the same day that Apple is expected to make big iPad news, that Apri...
One evaluation of how well the browser on Motorola's spiffy new Xoom tablet supports HTML5 and other modern Web standards reaches a disappointing conclusion.
Extreme Networks is going mobile. The company today wheeled out a roadmap that will steer the company's product line toward mobile device and application access, availability and management support.
Google says it is "very sorry" for a Gmail software bug that reset some 150,000 accounts and left their owners contemplating the prospect of having lost years worth of data. The outage affected only a fraction of one per cent of Gmail users, but its ...
The Internet Engineering Task Force is slamming a decision by the International Telecommunication Union to pursue its own standard for troubleshooting and fault detection in service-provider networks.
NBN Co could be required to replace or refit more than 60 Telstra exchanges in its bid to roll out the National Broadband Network (NBN), Telstra has warned.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA