Most home-office networks start with a PC, a router, and a modem. But when a small single-user network grows into a larger multiuser network, your original Wi-Fi router can run out of free ethernet ports to connect various PCs, networkable printers, ...
This morning a neighbour asked me if my Internet access was really, really slow the last couple days. (We subscribe to the same ISP.) I said no, it's been just fine. Then I offered him the same suggestion I offer most folks who complain about connect...
A wireless connection isn't just handy when you're out and about. There are more options for going wireless at home, whether it's so you can enjoy catch-up TV you've downloaded on your actual telly (rather than the PC screen) or so you can work in a ...
One great reason to network your business PCs is to share printers. Printers that connect directly to the network via ethernet constitute one of the most brilliant innovations ever. Simply plug a printer in and turn it on, and soon it is available to...
I just spent a considerable amount of time troubleshooting a network glitch between two PCs on my network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW