Today we all use our smartphones and our broadband-equipped home and work PCs to instantly access information and data on just about any topic via the Internet.
We take the Internet for granted now, but a lot of developments helped to make it the gargantuan shopping, socializing, commerce-helping, video-sharing behemoth it is today.
Google, Facebook and Microsoft are among the heavy hitters of the tech industry that have teamed up to support a new, cloud-focused initiative called Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
As I write this, the IETF has been around for 25 years and a few hours. The first meeting started at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 16, 1986, in San Diego with 21 people in attendance -- a far cry from the most recent meeting in Beijing, which attracted 1,...
The solution I came to was to write my own "NetShare"-like app for personal use. After poking around the web for some jumping off points (and a tip from the developer of the controversial "Handy Light" app), I stumbled on a GitHub project called "iPr...
A reader has noticed that the Wi-Fi at her local library has slowed considerably in recent months, and she's wondering what's causing it: "Is it our computers, bogged down with too much junk, or is it something to do with the library's system?"
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up sh...
Enterprise customers face real problems every day with their storage infrastructure. They need to keep their businesses up and running non-stop and meet demands from customers, while managing growth and protecting their digital assets from malicious ...
The world is almost out of IP addresses--or at least it's almost out of the IPv4 addresses that IT admins and users are most familiar with. Fortunately, IPv6 has been developed to exponentially expand the pool of available IP addresses while also pro...
Whitepapers about networks
In a world with high-demanding IT infrastructures and networks, where perimeters are no longer well defined and where threats grow more intelligent every day, we need to define the right way to protect enterprises in the ever-changing threat landscape. Download today to define your security blueprint.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT