Today we all use our smartphones and our broadband-equipped home and work PCs to instantly access information and data on just about any topic via the Internet.
We take the Internet for granted now, but a lot of developments helped to make it the gargantuan shopping, socializing, commerce-helping, video-sharing behemoth it is today.
Google, Facebook and Microsoft are among the heavy hitters of the tech industry that have teamed up to support a new, cloud-focused initiative called Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
As I write this, the IETF has been around for 25 years and a few hours. The first meeting started at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 16, 1986, in San Diego with 21 people in attendance -- a far cry from the most recent meeting in Beijing, which attracted 1,...
The solution I came to was to write my own "NetShare"-like app for personal use. After poking around the web for some jumping off points (and a tip from the developer of the controversial "Handy Light" app), I stumbled on a GitHub project called "iPr...
A reader has noticed that the Wi-Fi at her local library has slowed considerably in recent months, and she's wondering what's causing it: "Is it our computers, bogged down with too much junk, or is it something to do with the library's system?"
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up sh...
The world is almost out of IP addresses--or at least it's almost out of the IPv4 addresses that IT admins and users are most familiar with. Fortunately, IPv6 has been developed to exponentially expand the pool of available IP addresses while also pro...
Whitepapers about networks
In a world with high-demanding IT infrastructures and networks, where perimeters are no longer well defined and where threats grow more intelligent every day, we need to define the right way to protect enterprises in the ever-changing threat landscape. Download today to define your security blueprint.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW