An incompatibility with a software update and subsequent attempt to fix it were the root cause of glitch that forced a nearly four hour long suspension of trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
NYSE down but it's no cyberattack... Microsoft slims down phone business again... IBM makes world's smallest chips... and more tech news
The New York Stock Exchange suffered its biggest outage in more than 10 years on Wednesday when an unspecified technical glitch forced a 3.5-hour long suspension of trading.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
U.S. law enforcement agencies have disrupted more than 50 terrorist plots in the U.S. and other countries with the help of controversial surveillance efforts at the U.S. National Security Agency, government officials said Tuesday.
The website of the New York Stock Exchange slowed down significantly twice on Monday afternoon, the day when the hacker group Anonymous was scheduled to launch a DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attack on the website, according to an Internet an...
An electrical fire on Sunday at a data center of the New York Stock Exchange in Mahwah, New Jersey, affected communications connectivity to 58 trading firms, but the exchange expects "completely normal operations" for Monday's market open.
The New York Stock Exchange has built a VMware-based cloud computing service for financial firms, which goes live today from a data center in New Jersey with expansions planned for Toronto, Tokyo and London.
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
Blame it on technology. The news this week that Deutsche Börse is close to effectively buying the New York Stock Exchange, a centuries-old symbol of American capitalism, has caused consternation but highlights the IT-driven, global reality of interna...
Satyam Computer Services will be delisting from the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in October, as it is not able to comply with the stock exchange's requirement to file its delayed financial results by an Oct. 15 deadline.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA