An incompatibility with a software update and subsequent attempt to fix it were the root cause of glitch that forced a nearly four hour long suspension of trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
NYSE down but it's no cyberattack... Microsoft slims down phone business again... IBM makes world's smallest chips... and more tech news
The New York Stock Exchange suffered its biggest outage in more than 10 years on Wednesday when an unspecified technical glitch forced a 3.5-hour long suspension of trading.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
U.S. law enforcement agencies have disrupted more than 50 terrorist plots in the U.S. and other countries with the help of controversial surveillance efforts at the U.S. National Security Agency, government officials said Tuesday.
The website of the New York Stock Exchange slowed down significantly twice on Monday afternoon, the day when the hacker group Anonymous was scheduled to launch a DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attack on the website, according to an Internet an...
An electrical fire on Sunday at a data center of the New York Stock Exchange in Mahwah, New Jersey, affected communications connectivity to 58 trading firms, but the exchange expects "completely normal operations" for Monday's market open.
The New York Stock Exchange has built a VMware-based cloud computing service for financial firms, which goes live today from a data center in New Jersey with expansions planned for Toronto, Tokyo and London.
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
Blame it on technology. The news this week that Deutsche Börse is close to effectively buying the New York Stock Exchange, a centuries-old symbol of American capitalism, has caused consternation but highlights the IT-driven, global reality of interna...
Satyam Computer Services will be delisting from the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in October, as it is not able to comply with the stock exchange's requirement to file its delayed financial results by an Oct. 15 deadline.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW