News Corp, which owns MySpace, has revealed it is considering a sale, merger or even spinoff of the social network.
In what will be seen as a concession to media baron Rupert Murdoch, Google has made it easier for news sites -such as those Murdoch controls - to opt-out of Google News.
Microsoft has discussed paying News Corp. to remove its news Web sites from Google's search results and list them on its Bing search engine instead, The Financial Times reported Sunday on its Web site.
The restructuring continues at MySpace, whose staff will get cut by almost 30 percent, the News Corp. division announced Tuesday.
With MySpace CEO Chris DeWolfe stepping down, analysts say it's the perfect time for the social networking pioneer to reinvent itself and try to regain some momentum against rival Facebook Inc.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google becomes first foreign internet company to launch service in Cuba
- German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW