NewsGator wants its Social Sites add-on for SharePoint to handle companies' innovation cycles with a beefed-up set of capabilities for brainstorming, idea evaluation, concept development and execution.
NewsGator has upgraded its Social Sites enterprise social networking (ESN) add-on for SharePoint to make the software better able to tailor the content, notifications and capabilities it displays for each user.
The ailing FeedDemon RSS reader will shut down after Google Reader is closed on July 1, its creator said. FeedDemon is a standalone RSS reader that can also sync with Google Reader.
SharePoint 2013 arrives with a new user interface and new collaboration, search, storage and task management features. But gaps remain in areas like social and mobile, and upgrading and governing SharePoint is still rife with challenges.
NewsGator is re-architecting its Social Sites enterprise social networking (ESN) suite so that it can be installed independently of Microsoft's SharePoint collaboration server.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- AI should enhance, not replace, humans, say CEOs of IBM and Microsoft
- Sensitive access tokens and keys found in hundreds of Android apps
- Microsoft's first tethered Windows 10 VR headsets to ship in March
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT