Telstra today unveiled its first smartphone on a Next G prepaid plan, the Android-powered HTC Wildfire.
Telstra's BigPond internet service provider arm has dramatically cut prices on a range of its broadband plans, including a massive chop on its 200GB Elite plan which will see monthly prices drop from $179.95 to $89.95.
Telstra has announced that its Next G mobile network has extended its coverage out to sea.
Telstra has announced a reshuffle of its data packs for prepaid mobile phones and will offer more data at a lower cost.
Telstra today announced that it will be the exclusive launch partner for the new BlackBerry Pearl 3G smartphone, which will launch in Australia in late May.
Telstra has dropped the price and increased the data allowance of its post-paid browsing packs for smartphones. The more significant changes include the $5 browsing pack offering 30MB of data (up from the previous 5MB), the 1GB browsing pack now cost...
HTC's hotly anticipated Desire smartphone will launch six days earlier than planned and will be exclusive to Telstra for six months instead of the previously announced three month arrangement, the telco said today.
HTC and Telstra today announced the impending launch of the HTC Desire smartphone in Australia.
Telstra has upgraded its Next G network to support speeds of up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in parts of Australia and has also released a new mobile broadband device to take advantage of the upgrade.
Telstra has announced a partnership with Acer to sell notebooks with built-in mobile broadband to business customers. Available on monthly plans, the 3G-capable Acer notebooks feature a SIM card slot to access Telstra's Next G network. The
HTC has launched its latest Windows Mobile smartphone in Australia, the HD2. Boasting one of the largest screens on a smartphone (4.3in), the HTC HD2 is the first Windows Mobile phone to feature a capacitive display and a 1GHz Snapdragon CPU.
Telstra has launched a free SMS service that lets customers receive Facebook notifications via text messages.
Telstra is finally allowing iPhone owners to use their iPhone as a tethered modem.
Telstra yesterday launched the BigPond Elite Network Gateway, which is claimed to be the fastest device of its type in Australia.
Telstra is the first Australian carrier to announce the availability of the latest BlackBerry smartphone, the Bold 9700.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- FTService Management Analyst (Part-Time)SA
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC