A group of students from the University of Sydney, led by computer science undergraduate, Jenna Bermeister, has won this year’s Telstra Machine to Machine (M2M) Unversity Challenge for their InGear product.
Telstra may have been last to announce the availability of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus but Australia's largest telco is claiming its customers will get their hands on the device first.
iPhone users will be the first to gain access to a new video streaming service running over Telstra’s NextG network.
Telstra has added three Acer notebooks with built-in mobile broadband to [[xref:http://www.techworld.com.au/tag/nextg|its Next G device|TechWorld :: Next G]] range.
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
The Royal District Nursing Service (RDNS) has connected its 1200 mobile staff on Telstra's Next G mobile network.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) has confirmed that the Enhanced HSPA (eHSPA) addition to the Next G wireless network is compatible with Next G devices, clearing the way for the world's first 21Mbps national network.
Telstra’s BigPond business unit has cut the price of its mobile broadband services and now charges the same rate for wireless mobile card plans as it does for wireless modem plans.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW