A group of students from the University of Sydney, led by computer science undergraduate, Jenna Bermeister, has won this year’s Telstra Machine to Machine (M2M) Unversity Challenge for their InGear product.
Telstra may have been last to announce the availability of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus but Australia's largest telco is claiming its customers will get their hands on the device first.
iPhone users will be the first to gain access to a new video streaming service running over Telstra’s NextG network.
Telstra has added three Acer notebooks with built-in mobile broadband to [[xref:http://www.techworld.com.au/tag/nextg|its Next G device|TechWorld :: Next G]] range.
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
The Royal District Nursing Service (RDNS) has connected its 1200 mobile staff on Telstra's Next G mobile network.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) has confirmed that the Enhanced HSPA (eHSPA) addition to the Next G wireless network is compatible with Next G devices, clearing the way for the world's first 21Mbps national network.
Telstra’s BigPond business unit has cut the price of its mobile broadband services and now charges the same rate for wireless mobile card plans as it does for wireless modem plans.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- D-Wave's $15 million quantum computer runs a staggering 2,000 qubits
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- CCApplication AnalystACT
- TPFunctional Business AnalystQLD
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD