A group of students from the University of Sydney, led by computer science undergraduate, Jenna Bermeister, has won this year’s Telstra Machine to Machine (M2M) Unversity Challenge for their InGear product.
Telstra may have been last to announce the availability of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus but Australia's largest telco is claiming its customers will get their hands on the device first.
iPhone users will be the first to gain access to a new video streaming service running over Telstra’s NextG network.
Telstra has added three Acer notebooks with built-in mobile broadband to [[xref:http://www.techworld.com.au/tag/nextg|its Next G device|TechWorld :: Next G]] range.
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
The Royal District Nursing Service (RDNS) has connected its 1200 mobile staff on Telstra's Next G mobile network.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) has confirmed that the Enhanced HSPA (eHSPA) addition to the Next G wireless network is compatible with Next G devices, clearing the way for the world's first 21Mbps national network.
Telstra’s BigPond business unit has cut the price of its mobile broadband services and now charges the same rate for wireless mobile card plans as it does for wireless modem plans.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTInside Sales Consultants - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Technical & FunctionalACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA