Currently a Project Fi exclusive, this feature tells your phone to look out for and connect to a series of 'high-quality' open networks vetted by Google.
If you don't like exactly how the navbar is set up, you may be able to change it to your liking in the near future.
Google also pushed the latest security updates to the Android Open Source Project, which means hardware makers can get to work on sending them out.
A quick double-tap on the home screen could also reveal all those notifications waiting for you.
This major redesign to Android's launcher kills off the app drawer button and pushes you to interact more regularly with Google Now.
It may be time to let go of your Nexus 5, which is rumored to miss out on the latest version of Android.
The wristwear appears to share a design philosophy with Google's Nexus phones, going for a sleek and slightly futuristic look.
The new wristwear may include deep ties to the Google Assistant and carry the company's Nexus branding.
A mockup reveals a rear fingerprint sensor, no camera bump, and new on-screen navigation buttons.
This flagship offers a bigger screen, higher resolution, and larger battery capacity in comparison to the smaller "Sailfish" model.
Just as it's done with the Pixel line, Google may eschew partnering with a third-party hardware maker for a high-end device.
This is likely the smaller and cheaper of two Nexus phones that HTC is building for Google this fall.
Google's giant phone will hit the last stop in October, though it doesn't necessarily mean you still won't get future updates.
Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber, Alphabet autonomous car rivalry heats up
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia