Just as it's done with the Pixel line, Google may eschew partnering with a third-party hardware maker for a high-end device.
This is likely the smaller and cheaper of two Nexus phones that HTC is building for Google this fall.
Google's giant phone will hit the last stop in October, though it doesn't necessarily mean you still won't get future updates.
Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
There's also interest brewing in the tablet space, as the Nexus 9 has disappeared from the Google Store.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
A programmable shortcut button can launch a favorite app with one tap on the case.
The first smartphones to run Google’s Android 6.0 go on sale at major Australian carriers and retailers next week.
The new Nexus 5X got relatively good marks in terms of repairability from iFixit. Here's what they found.
Fixes to video stabilization on the Nexus 6P and support for T-Mobile's LTE Band 12 are the first priorities for device updates.
Biometric security, a focus on photography and improved battery life will be the hallmarks of Android Marshmallow when it premiers on upcoming Nexus devices from Huawei and LG.
We'll finally get to see the truth behind all those rumors that both LG and Huawei are building a new Nexus smartphone.
The Google commissioned and HTC made Nexus 9 goes on sale today at select Telstra stores in the lead up to Christmas.
A race is underway between Google and Apple. The two rivals released tablets last week and now the pressure is on to get the Nexus 9 and iPad Air 2 onto shop shelves and into the hands of customers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW