Japan's console and portable gaming market sank 16 per cent in the first six months of the year as new software failed to make a splash and sales of hardware fell, according to data released on Thursday.
Hacking season is not over yet. Even though LulzSec, the group of hackers who made a name for themselves by hacking Sony, Nintendo, and <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/228983/hackers_deface_pbs_site_promise_more_lulz.html?tk=rel_news">PBS</a...
According to Shigeru Miyamoto, speaking with news.com.au, you'll likely only be able to use one of Wii U's fancy new touchscreen controllers on the system at a time -- which explains the reports circulating yesterday that the controller would not be ...
Nintendo promised to offer gamers more content and new kinds of interaction with the introduction of Wii U, a handheld gaming device that pairs with the Wii game console.
Nintendo reports that a Web server for its U.S. unit was hacked. The attack on Nintendo shows that this new era of hacking isn't going to end any time soon, and should serve as a wakeup call for other companies that were hoping this was purely a Sony...
The Guinness Book of World Records has bestowed the honor of fastest-growing gaming system upon Apple's iPhone 4, as well as noting that the App Store itself and several games in it also have set records.
A video game system backed by Lenovo is scheduled to be launched in China in the second half of this year.
According to anonymous sources who spoke with Kotaku earlier today, the next Xbox and PlayStation consoles shouldn't be expected until 2014. One insider believes that "both MS and Sony are telegraphing to each other that they're delaying, to milk the...
Almost five years after the Nintendo Wii launched, broke sales records, and revolutionized gaming with the introduction of motion-sensitive controllers, the console is slated to get a successor by E3 in June 2011.
Are two screens better than one? In recent years, device makers have been exploring this question with mixed results.
While Nintendo's 3DS gaming device has hogged the 3D limelight of late, Fujitsu quietly began shipping its 3D-capable Lifebook AH572. This laptop's claim to fame is the dual function 15.6-inch widescreen display for both 2D and 3D (with 3D glasses) v...
It looks like Nintendo's 3DS isn't having trouble finding buyers in Japan. According to Japanese newspaper Nihon Keizai Shimbun (via Andriasang) gamers essentially exhausted Nintendo's initial shipment of 400,000 units. The 3DS launched in Japan Satu...
Nintendo's bid to put glasses-free 3D into the anxious hands of the masses just got underway in Japan. The company's 3DS -- sequel to the DS and DSi, and employing a new 3.53-inch widescreen that uses parallax barrier tech to create the illusion of t...
When the Nintendo Wii was first announced at E3 in 2005, I, like many gamers, wrote it off as a gimmick. After all, part of being a gamer was being a slob on the couch, eating the Official Food of Gaming (pizza) and drinking the Official Drink of Gam...
Final Fantasy II was my first Final Fantasy. Back in 1991 when it was on the Super Nintendo and still called Final Fantasy II, anyway. Today it's Final Fantasy IV, because it was actually fourth in Japan. And for its 20th birthday bash, it's getting ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD