Last month's awarding of the 2020 Olympic Games to Tokyo could be great news for technology.
Nippon Hoso Kyokai
Japan's public broadcaster says it could begin transmissions in a format with 16 times the resolution of today's high-definition television in 2016.
Japan's public broadcaster, NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai), is making progress on the development of thin, flexible screens that might one day make a roll-up TV possible.The organization has been working on flexible OLED (organic light-emitting diode) scre...
Japan's Sharp has developed an 85-inch LCD (liquid crystal display) panel with resolution equivalent to 16 times that of today's HDTV panels. The screen, which is only a prototype, was developed for Super Hi-Vision, a next-generation television syste...
Engineers at Japanese public broadcaster NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai) have developed a system that can overlay Google Earth-like labels over live TV images from helicopters.
Latest News Articles
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 27% off $792
- $206.99 free shipping
- $399 free shipping
- 5% off $660
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »