The latest version of Nokia Siemens Networks software for running mobile carriers is virtualized, pointing toward a future of fully cloud-based systems that could help operators run even more efficiently and roll out new services more quickly.
Nokia finished its buyout of Nokia Siemens Networks on Wednesday and renamed the company Nokia Solutions and Networks, or NSN.
Nokia is to acquire Siemens' 50 percent stake in joint venture Nokia Siemens Networks, which will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Finnish company after the transaction is completed.
Siemens has started talks with private-equity firms about the sale of its share in Nokia Siemens Networks, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
Mobile users can probably look forward to being automatically transferred from cellular to Wi-Fi networks in the near future, but going back and forth for the best possible performance is another matter.
Judging from the number of people poring over their smartphones on the sidewalk, in their cars and in public places, mobile seems to have stolen our attention away from the wired Internet and traditional TV.
Mobile network builder Nokia Siemens Networks unveiled tools to optimize video performance on mobile devices on Monday, just in time for the CTIA Wireless trade show that begins Tuesday in Las Vegas.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
Nokia Siemens Networks says it can prevent LTE base stations from getting overloaded while extra capacity in nearby cells goes to waste, even if the cells use different types of spectrum.
Nokia Siemens Networks will expand the role of cellular base stations with a new platform that will store and deliver some application data locally, while tapping into information about subscribers and traffic to improve the process.
The suppliers of mobile carrier networks are still thinking small when it comes to making speeds fast and signals strong, and this year's Mobile World Congress next week will again host introductions of Wi-Fi access points and small cellular base sta...
Nokia Siemens Networks is selling off its second business unit in less than a week, and has announced the closure of another, as it focuses on its more profitable mobile broadband networking activities.
Nokia Siemens Networks is selling its optical networking business unit to private investment firm Marlin Equity Partners, the latest in a series of sell-offs as the vendor concentrates on mobile broadband networks.
Nokia Siemens Networks and Ballard Power Systems want methanol-powered fuel cells to keep mobile networks running in the event of an electricity outage and are working with NTT DoCoMo to test the technology.
Telecommunications vendor Nokia Siemens Networks is further limiting the way it does business in Iran, as the international stance against the country is hardened.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia