Struggling network infrastructure vendor Nokia Siemens Networks is planning to cut 17,000 jobs worldwide, as it aims to cut €1 billion (US$1.35 billion) from its costs by the end of 2013, the company said Wednesday.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Telstra will conduct trials of wireless broadband technology Long Term Evolution (LTE) in May in order to assess its performance.
Attention has been focused on the higher speeds that will be offered by next generation LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks, but improved latency will be equally important to users, according to Nokia Siemens.
The founding CEO of Nokia Siemens Networks has resigned and will be replaced by another long-term Nokia executive as the two-year-old company battles it out in a consolidating carrier-infrastructure industry.
With Nokia Siemens bidding on Nortel's wireless business and Avaya rumored to be grabbing up its enterprise gear, it is all but inevitable that the rest of company will be broken up and sold off in pieces, which raises questions. Here are some of the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW