Struggling network infrastructure vendor Nokia Siemens Networks is planning to cut 17,000 jobs worldwide, as it aims to cut €1 billion (US$1.35 billion) from its costs by the end of 2013, the company said Wednesday.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Telstra will conduct trials of wireless broadband technology Long Term Evolution (LTE) in May in order to assess its performance.
Attention has been focused on the higher speeds that will be offered by next generation LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks, but improved latency will be equally important to users, according to Nokia Siemens.
The founding CEO of Nokia Siemens Networks has resigned and will be replaced by another long-term Nokia executive as the two-year-old company battles it out in a consolidating carrier-infrastructure industry.
With Nokia Siemens bidding on Nortel's wireless business and Avaya rumored to be grabbing up its enterprise gear, it is all but inevitable that the rest of company will be broken up and sold off in pieces, which raises questions. Here are some of the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA