Down, but not out: Microsoft is laying off another 1,850 staff from its smartphone hardware business, but says it isn't leaving the market completely.
Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
The National Broadband Network’s rollout strategy is following a global trend, according to the managing director of Nokia Oceania, Ray Owen.
Optus plans to ramp up its network in major stadiums so customers at sporting and music events can stay digitally connected and access or upload content faster.
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Robot hitchiker attacked, abandoned... Nokia sells Here mapping business to German car makers... Spy-spotting software comes to Wall St... and more tech news
Nokia has reached an agreement to sell its Here mapping and location services business to an automotive industry consortium consisting of Audi, BMW Group and Daimler, in a deal that gives the business an enterprise value of €2.8 billion (US$3.1 billi...
Despite what it said in November, Microsoft has confirmed that not all Lumia smartphones will be upgraded to Windows 10.
Intel, Micron unveil a new class of memory...Facebook's mobile revenue tipped to rise again...New drones help drivers with tricky deliveries...and more tech news.
Nokia has developed a camera for enterprise users that can help turn everyday surroundings into virtual reality (VR) imagery for games and other applications.
Nokia Here goes to car makers...Bill proposes automotive security standard...Microsoft write down leads to quarterly loss....and more tech news.
Audi, BMW and Daimler will jointly purchase Nokia's Here digital mapping service for roughly $2.7 billion, and they plan to invite other auto makers to take a stake in the company as well, according to reports published on Tuesday.
A few well-regarded flagship devices, a focused core experience, a vibrant app ecosystem, and a belief in the quality of its own products: Apple lives and breathes these things, and has achieved massive profitability in the phone space as a result. A...
Microsoft today wrote off billions of dollars related to its Nokia acquisition, saying it's taking an "impairment charge" of US$7.6 billion, or nearly the full amount it paid for the Finnish firm's smartphone business and patents last year.
Nokia wants to help mobile network operators launch new services and cut their costs with a new range of servers, switches and storage they can use to virtualize their networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA