Embattled Nokia today unveiled the world's first smartphone running the MeeGo operating system, the Nokia N9, and also revealed that the device would be available in Australia in Q3.
Nokia is infringing on a patent owned by German company IPCom, the U.K. High Court ruled today. IPCom will be seeking damages and an injunction banning the sale of the Finnish company's 3G phones, it said in a statement.
Don't put any dirt on Nokia's coffin just yet--the company still has some life in it. A victory in its patent war with Apple means a new revenue stream for Nokia, and a stronger position to enforce its patent portfolio with other mobile device makers...
Nokia and Apple have settled an almost two-year long legal battle over patents with an agreement that will see Apple pay a lump sum and ongoing royalties to the European cell-phone maker.
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop used his keynote at the Open Mobile Summit in London Thursday to explain, again, why the company chose the Windows Phone OS for its smartphones and insisted during a question-and-answer session that, despite persistent rumors t...
If cell phone maker Nokia rolls out a tablet device one day, it will be late to a game where its competitors have a big head start.
Though signs for IT remain positive this year, worries about the economy sapped investor confidence this week as a wide range of businesses, including big computer industry vendors, suffered a drop in share value.
A trio of Windows Phone software developers say Microsoft's Mango release is ripe and juicy for programmers, and brings new ease and power to mobile enterprise applications.
Nokia has "increased confidence" that the first of its smartphones with Windows Phone will ship in the fourth quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Supporters of the MeeGo open-source platform put tablets, in-car systems and TV in the spotlight at a conference in San Francisco on Monday, saying the technology had broad potential while downplaying its role in smartphones.
Three years after its founding, the Industry Consortium for Advancement of Security on the Internet (ICASI) is starting to bear fruit with the launch of version 1.0 of its framework designed to allow tech vendors to more easily share data on software...
Another day, another report saying Android rules the smartphone world, this time from Gartner.
Android has further consolidated its status as the leading global smartphone operating system, according to data released by both Gartner and the Millennial Media mobile ad network.
Android became the most popular smartphone operating system worldwide in the first quarter of 2011, while Apple saw its share of the market grow, according to a report Gartner issued Thursday on sales of mobile phones to end users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT