Microsoft detailed on Wednesday both the planned "Mango" update to its Windows Phone smartphone platform, due this fall with nearly 1,500 new APIs, and development tool improvements to help build applications for the platform.
Nokia launched an updated version of its Symbian^3 mobile operating system on Tuesday, along with two phones running the software, the X7 and the E6.
Nokia's recent decision to close the source code for its Symbian smartphone OS likely won't affect most application developers or consumers.
Developers who want to take advantage of Nokia's cross-platform application and user interface framework can now access the latest release candidate.
A convergence of historical circumstance and an increase in innovative mobile applications may make Africa the first post-PC continent.
Nokia Beta Labs has released Drop, an application that allows users to send images and links from a browser to a Symbian smartphone, according to a Tuesday blog post.
A year ago, Microsoft released free developer tools for its Windows Phone 7 mobile OS. Today, Microsoft is celebrating a set of numbers that show, the company says, developers have enthusiastically embraced the platform.
Nokia Australia will provide a 24-month warranty on all mobile phones purchased on or after 31 March, the company announced today.
The early days of Windows Phone 7 have been all about positive reviews, not much market share, and a botched update that caused some phones to stop working.
Nokia has filed a new round of complaints against Apple with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and with a Delaware court, the Finnish phone maker said on Tuesday.
Apple received good and bad news from the U.S. International Trade Commission on Friday.
Vodafone today announced that Nokia's C7 smartphone is now available in Australia, and will offer customers who purchase the phone free apps from Nokia's Ovi Store until 31 May.
Nokia-owned Navteq has launched Destination Maps, which will add more detail to indoor maps, starting with large shopping centers, the company said on Monday.
Nokia has tied with Union Bank of India to roll out mobile payment services that are targeted at the large number of Indians who do not have banking facilities.
Nokia is planning to ditch its Symbian mobile phone operating system, but that hasn't stopped the Finnish company announcing the release of the Nokia E7, a Symbian-based smartphone with a full QWERTY keyboard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- The cheapest way to buy an iPad from Apple
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW