Nokia unveiled Tuesday its new N9 smartphone that runs the MeeGo operating system, and is being marketed as a "pure touch screen" device without buttons.
Embattled Nokia today unveiled the world's first smartphone running the MeeGo operating system, the Nokia N9, and also revealed that the device would be available in Australia in Q3.
Nokia is infringing on a patent owned by German company IPCom, the U.K. High Court ruled today. IPCom will be seeking damages and an injunction banning the sale of the Finnish company's 3G phones, it said in a statement.
Don't put any dirt on Nokia's coffin just yet--the company still has some life in it. A victory in its patent war with Apple means a new revenue stream for Nokia, and a stronger position to enforce its patent portfolio with other mobile device makers...
Nokia and Apple have settled an almost two-year long legal battle over patents with an agreement that will see Apple pay a lump sum and ongoing royalties to the European cell-phone maker.
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop used his keynote at the Open Mobile Summit in London Thursday to explain, again, why the company chose the Windows Phone OS for its smartphones and insisted during a question-and-answer session that, despite persistent rumors t...
If cell phone maker Nokia rolls out a tablet device one day, it will be late to a game where its competitors have a big head start.
Though signs for IT remain positive this year, worries about the economy sapped investor confidence this week as a wide range of businesses, including big computer industry vendors, suffered a drop in share value.
A trio of Windows Phone software developers say Microsoft's Mango release is ripe and juicy for programmers, and brings new ease and power to mobile enterprise applications.
Nokia has "increased confidence" that the first of its smartphones with Windows Phone will ship in the fourth quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Supporters of the MeeGo open-source platform put tablets, in-car systems and TV in the spotlight at a conference in San Francisco on Monday, saying the technology had broad potential while downplaying its role in smartphones.
Three years after its founding, the Industry Consortium for Advancement of Security on the Internet (ICASI) is starting to bear fruit with the launch of version 1.0 of its framework designed to allow tech vendors to more easily share data on software...
Another day, another report saying Android rules the smartphone world, this time from Gartner.
Android has further consolidated its status as the leading global smartphone operating system, according to data released by both Gartner and the Millennial Media mobile ad network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Moore's Law lives on with speedy 7-nm mobile chips coming in 2018
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC