<a href="http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/05/16/the-evolution-of-nokia-and-ovi/">Nokia will abandon its Ovi mobile services brand</a> as it prepares to sell smartphones based on Microsoft's Windows Phone software, it said in a blog posting on Mond...
How do you solve a problem like Apple and Google?
New partners Microsoft and Nokia have joined forces, hoping to invalidate Apple's trademark registration for the terms<strong> </strong>APP STORE and APPSTORE in Europe, according to a statement issued<strong> </strong>by Microsoft.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today promised that the company would continue to develop and support Skype on rival platforms.
Google's Android was the top smartphone operating system in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2011, overtaking the market share of Research in Motion's BlackBerry and keeping Apple's iPhone in the third position, according to ComScore.
The news that iPhones, iPads and Android devices secretly track the locations of their owners poses a potentially serious dilemma for IT staffs. If someone's manager asks IT to retrieve that data and hand it over, what should IT do? We certainly have...
Smartphone shipments dipped in the first quarter compared with the previous quarter, a type of decline that hasn't happened for a couple of years, according to iSuppli.
Apple's iPhone is inching closer to Nokia's top spot in smartphones globally, according to first-quarter 2011 results reported by IDC on Thursday.
Apple and its App Store will remain king when it comes to mobile app revenues for years, according to new research that expects the overall paid app market to double by 2014.
Apple will reap more than three-fourths of all mobile app store revenues generated this year, but rival Google's growth is climbing faster, a research analyst said yesterday.
Microsoft will invest in the BlackBerry platform from Research in Motion, becoming the default search provider in BlackBerry browsers and maps, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said during a surprise keynote appearance at BlackBerry World today.
Microsoft's investment in putting its Bing search and maps in BlackBerry mobile devices by the fall holiday season pits Research in Motion and Microsoft against Google in a massive scramble for mobile search customers.
Apple has the largest app store by a long shot: Currently iPhone users can choose from 350,000 apps. But how many apps do people really use -- and should the size of the Apple App Store sway your next smartphone purchase? It shouldn't.
Accenture is taking on 3,000 <a href="http://www.computerworlduk.com/topics/nokia/">Nokia</a> staff who support and develop the Symbian operating system and support services.
Nokia, China's biggest handset vendor, reported on Wednesday that a mobile app aimed at helping rural Chinese users has become the company's fastest-growing service in the country.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW