Nokia has "increased confidence" that the first of its smartphones with Windows Phone will ship in the fourth quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Supporters of the MeeGo open-source platform put tablets, in-car systems and TV in the spotlight at a conference in San Francisco on Monday, saying the technology had broad potential while downplaying its role in smartphones.
Three years after its founding, the Industry Consortium for Advancement of Security on the Internet (ICASI) is starting to bear fruit with the launch of version 1.0 of its framework designed to allow tech vendors to more easily share data on software...
Another day, another report saying Android rules the smartphone world, this time from Gartner.
Android has further consolidated its status as the leading global smartphone operating system, according to data released by both Gartner and the Millennial Media mobile ad network.
Android became the most popular smartphone operating system worldwide in the first quarter of 2011, while Apple saw its share of the market grow, according to a report Gartner issued Thursday on sales of mobile phones to end users.
Nokia may be floundering in the high-end smartphone wars (and will soon be switching to the Windows Phone 7 platform for its N-Series devices), but its newest MeeGo powered N9 smartphone has just been shown off in a teaser video.
<a href="http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/05/16/the-evolution-of-nokia-and-ovi/">Nokia will abandon its Ovi mobile services brand</a> as it prepares to sell smartphones based on Microsoft's Windows Phone software, it said in a blog posting on Mond...
How do you solve a problem like Apple and Google?
New partners Microsoft and Nokia have joined forces, hoping to invalidate Apple's trademark registration for the terms<strong> </strong>APP STORE and APPSTORE in Europe, according to a statement issued<strong> </strong>by Microsoft.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today promised that the company would continue to develop and support Skype on rival platforms.
Google's Android was the top smartphone operating system in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2011, overtaking the market share of Research in Motion's BlackBerry and keeping Apple's iPhone in the third position, according to ComScore.
The news that iPhones, iPads and Android devices secretly track the locations of their owners poses a potentially serious dilemma for IT staffs. If someone's manager asks IT to retrieve that data and hand it over, what should IT do? We certainly have...
Smartphone shipments dipped in the first quarter compared with the previous quarter, a type of decline that hasn't happened for a couple of years, according to iSuppli.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This tiny chip could revolutionize smartphone and IOT security
- Torment: Tides of Numenera review: The Planescape successor you've been waiting for
- DJI's rugged Matrice 200 series drones go where no drone has gone before
- Alibaba calls for tougher Chinese laws against counterfeiters
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
PCW Evaluation Team
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCWeb Ops EngineerACT
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTPre- Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW